Desert Essence Organics Hair Care Coconut Shampoo 8oz  » Health  »
  • One brand that I have always trusted because I love their tea tree oil products is Desert Essence
  • When I bought this coconut shampoo I knew I was getting no sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate, no artificial ingredients, petrochemicals, no parabens, and no animal products or animal testing issues
  • What I did get was a shampoo which uses coconut oil based cleansers instead of harsh detergents, and a whole lot of very interesting botanicals– like rosemary, burdock, witch hazel, fennel, aloe vera, black elderberry, yarrow, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, hemp seed oil, olive oil, and glycerin
  • This gentle shampoo is formulated for dry hair, and smells amazing
  • I would definitely recommend it for that particular attribute

• by reviewabit

I have been trying out various sulfate-free shampoos, and natural brands are a great place to look. There are only a few SLS free products in the mainstream market, but they are everywhere you look in the natural section. One brand that I have always trusted because I love their tea tree oil products is Desert Essence.

When I bought this coconut shampoo I knew I was getting no sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate, no artificial ingredients, petrochemicals, no parabens, and no animal products or animal testing issues. What I did get was a shampoo which uses coconut oil based cleansers instead of harsh

detergents, and a whole lot of very interesting botanicals– like rosemary, burdock, witch hazel, fennel, aloe vera, black elderberry, yarrow, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, hemp seed oil, olive oil, and glycerin.

This gentle shampoo is formulated for dry hair, and smells amazing. If you love fresh, creamy coconut smells, you will be happy with this one.

The shampoo is thick, so although it comes in a small tube of only eight ounces, it will last longer than you expect it to. It only takes a little, and unlike many natural shampoos, this one, even without sulfates, lathers really well.

It makes me wonder where ...

• all the others are going wrong! Obviously it is possible to get a good lather without sulfates, so why do so many natural shampoos lack it? Perhaps we should remember that lather itself is not what cleans the hair, so maybe some brand lack it because we don’t actually need it. However, we like it– so this is a great option if you have tried some SLS free products and were unhappy with the wimpy lather.

This shampoo leaves my hair shiny, soft, and feeling nourished. It adds body, which is important to me since my hair is thinning a bit.

The back of my hair,

over-processed and dry as it is, looks and feels pretty decent with this shampoo, whereas some of them, even natural brands, leave it dry and brittle looking and the only way I can help it is to iron it. The coconut smell of this product lingers in the hair, but it is not brash enough to interfere with other fragrances, like your perfume.

You can only smell it if you get very close. I think this is a good option for normal to dry hair, especially if you are looking for a natural shampoo that actually lathers.

I would definitely recommend it for that particular attribute.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411071507500531/k2311a0711/7.11.11