Herbatint Hair Color Copper Chestnut 4R 4oz  » Health  »
  • Unfortunately, when I tried the product before, it did not last in my hair
  • I wanted a richer color, so instead of trying to cover it daily with a temporary rinse, or paying a lot of money to have it redone professionally, I decided to try the Herbatint over it
  • Since the last experience with the product told me it was going to take much lighter than what I intended, I knew to pick a shade that was too dark
  • Although I would not recommend it for very hard to cover gray, for a color “edit” it seems to work great, and does not fry your hair or cause as much chemical exposure as the alternatives

• by reviewabit

I have used Herbatint in the past, and was attempting to find a more natural, gentler alternative to permanent coloring. I have read that use of darker artificial hair colors can increase lymphoma risk in some people, and since I do not want to be a blonde, I needed a safer alternative. Unfortunately, when I tried the product before, it did not last in my hair.

It quickly faded and made my roots more obvious than ever. It might seem strange I would end up trying it again, but there was a specific reason.

I had used a new brand of permanent

color, and decided I did not care for the outcome. I wanted a richer color, so instead of trying to cover it daily with a temporary rinse, or paying a lot of money to have it redone professionally, I decided to try the Herbatint over it.

This was a bold move, but I did speak to a stylist who advised me on how to go about this. I chose the Herbatint Cooper chestnut, because it was a little darker than what I wanted.

Since the last experience with the product told me it was going to take much lighter than what I intended, I knew ...

• to pick a shade that was too dark. This shade has a lot of red in it, and that is what I wanted to use to warm up the other color.

I used the product over the other hair color (it had been on there several weeks. ) As usual, with this product there is no irritation and no obnoxious odor.

The color came out perfectly and there didn’t seem to be any harm done to the condition of my hair. It looked healthy, and much more suitable with the new color.

I liked it so much, I wanted to prevent it from

fading out like the first Herbatint I used. I immediately switched to a sulfate free shampoo.

This did the trick. It did last longer than I expected, and had I been using this shampoo before, I probably would have had better luck the first time around.

In my book, Herbatint redeemed itself. Although I would not recommend it for very hard to cover gray, for a color “edit” it seems to work great, and does not fry your hair or cause as much chemical exposure as the alternatives.

If I had hair that was a little more cooperative with giving up the gray, I would probably use this full time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411071507260531/k2311a0711/7.11.11