Hewley’s Saw Palmetto Conditioner 250 ml  » Health  »
  • I have thinning hair, and when I found the Hewley’s shampoo product on Amazon, I decided to try it and see if it would work
  • Since it is designed to work with this product, the Saw Palmetto conditioner, I bought this one too
  • Since I do not know the exact cause of my hair thinning issue, it is hard to know how to treat it, so I basically try everything I come across and hope it will work
  • I was not terribly impressed with the fragrance
  • I think if you want to try something for thinning hair and nothing else is working– give this brand a chance

• by reviewabit

I have thinning hair, and when I found the Hewley’s shampoo product on Amazon, I decided to try it and see if it would work. Since it is designed to work with this product, the Saw Palmetto conditioner, I bought this one too. Since I do not know the exact cause of my hair thinning issue, it is hard to know how to treat it, so I basically try everything I come across and hope it will work.

This system did not seem to work to regrow hair, although because it is gentle and SLS free, it is a good product in general and may really help some people to regrow their

hair. It works on the principle of blocking the DHT– a hormone that can build up in your scalp and cause hair loss.

Saw Palmetto is well known for blocking DHT and that is what this conditioner is based on. It works well with the shampoo.

I was not terribly impressed with the fragrance. The shampoo actually smells much better to me, but this is tolerable.

It does contain some good ingredients for moisturizing the hair and making it look healthy. It has aloe vera juice, castor oil, cucumber extract, hops extract, horsetail, shea butter, and of course the saw palmetto.

It only takes a rather small amount of the ...

• conditioner to cover your hair, and it is rich enough that it will last for the duration of the shampoo bottle that it complements. After rinsing the conditioner out and blow drying, my hair looked shiny and healthy.

The shampoo and conditioner together seemed to give a lot of body to my hair, which is certainly important to those of us with thinning hair, whether it is really more hair or just an illusion. It seemed that when I was using this combo, I noticed less hair falling out than usual.

Normally, when I rinse out my conditioner is the time I have clumps of hair rinsing out into the floor of the shower–

a very disconcerting sight indeed. With this conditioner, I did not see that as much.

Whether it is the shampoo or conditioner that is responsible, I am not sure, but something seemed to be helping. I have to be fair and mention that other SLS free shampoos have given me a similar results as far as losing hair, which has convinced me to now only uses SLS free shampoo.

I think if you want to try something for thinning hair and nothing else is working– give this brand a chance. There are many reasons for losing hair volume, and if DHT is yours, then this might actually work better for you than it did for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411071507190531/k2311a0711/7.11.11