“Monty Python and the Meaning of Life” (1983 Film)  » Movies  »
1.5
  • I can’t say that I really enjoyed this film as much as I enjoyed the previous one
  • It’s the sort of humor that you like or you don’t, there really is no in between I think

• by Susanna Frank

While this group of British comics are well known for their unique sense of humor, having been portrayed in “Monty Pythons Flying Circus” and in “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”, their second movie, “Monty Python and the Meaning of Life” made in 1983 is filled with much more of that acquired humor found in the first film. I can’t say that I really enjoyed this film as much as I enjoyed the previous one.

And not just for it’s acquired humor, but for crude language and disturbing moments that went into detail on personal matters.

In this film, the cast of Monty Python go on to try and find the meaning of life. All the while they make jokes about being married, selling children when you have had too many, adult intercourse, and death. Now, some of the lines delivered were funny and did in fact make me laugh. But ...

• I feel like I should stress “some” moments so that they are not confused with being many moments of laughter. Other aspects of the film I did not at all see as being funny or entertaining. It’s the sort of humor that you like or you don’t, there really is no in between I think.

If you are a diehard Monty Python fan or are open minded to British humor, then you will enjoy this film.

However, this film is not like the other film, “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” and potential viewers should be advised that the levels of adult content and the extent of their jokes in each film are not at all alike. If you are not interested even slightly in this kind of humor, then there is no question that this film is not for you and watching it would be an utter waste of time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119071506420431/k2311a079/7.9.11