“Monty Python and the Holy Grail” (1975 Film)
  • Now, this film is without a doubt an acquired type of comedy, but a comedy none the less that I found to be enjoyable
  • What I really enjoyed about the film though was how serious the characters were as they let out a funny line

• by Susanna Frank

The group of well known British comics who used to star in “Monty Python Flying Circus” short films came out with a film in 1975 called “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”. Now, this film is without a doubt an acquired type of comedy, but a comedy none the less that I found to be enjoyable. Don’t be fooled or turned off by this film because of the date, to many people this film is clearly a classic and the age of it is what makes it

even more appealing.

This film portrays the cast of the Monty Python crew during a medieval era and the times of Sir Arthur. They each play a Knight who has journeyed with Sir Arthur in his quest for the Holy Grail. The knights decide to split up in this film to search for the Grail on their own and have better luck in finding it. All the while running into characters that make for an entertainingly funny film that had me laughing at the edge of my seat.

• Throughout the film however, the cast makes innapropriate statements and a few suggestive reamarks are spilt as well. As I mentioned before, there are many aspects of the film that are acquired humor. What I really enjoyed about the film though was how serious the characters were as they let out a funny line. I have to admit that there were some lines that were more strange than funny, but at the end of the film I didn’t feel like I had wasted my time throughout the

duration of watching it.

If you are not a fan of British humor comedies, then this movie is not at all for you. But if you are , or you are not sure whether you are or not due to never having the chance to see a British humor film, then you should try out this film. You may be surprised at how much you enjoyed it, or you may find out that these types of comedy are not for you and you’ll know better next time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119071506390431/k2311a079/7.9.11