John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Conditioner 8.45 oz  » Health  »
0.5
  • I was not overly impressed with it either, but was hoping it would enhance the color as it promised

• by reviewabit

I inherited a tube of this conditioner from a brunette friend of mine, who said it did nothing but make her hair frizzy. She has dry hair, and needs a deep conditioner but was hoping this would add some shine and depth to the color and take the dullness away. My hair color comes from a box, and is brunette.

I tried this conditioner in the shower after using a Pantene shampoo. It has a very pleasant, clean and feminine smell.

It feels good going on the hair, but left it a bit tangly afterward. As I went to

dry my hair, I could see why she did not find the product conditioning enough.

I was not overly impressed with it either, but was hoping it would enhance the color as it promised. The product does not actually add any color to your hair, it just helps the light to reflect off of it and show the color’s true depth– at least that’s what it says on the package, more or less.

After my hair was dry, I took a look and decided that my hair did not look at all different than when I used other brands ...

• of conditioner. I had used a John Frieda leave in product before and also was not impressed with its results, and that is why I think I never bought another of the line.

This triggered the memory of using the other product, which I had long since thrown out. (Just as my friend was tossing this one out.

) This conditioner did not work well either as a regular conditioner or as a shine or color enhancer. Whatever the company is doing, it doesn’t seem to work on my hair at all.

I do not recommend this product. There are plenty

of other shine and color enhancers on the market, and they need not be made for brunette hair or come in a brown tube to work well.

I almost threw this one away– but then I realized it might be ok as a stand in for shampoo on days when I didn’t want to strip my hair by shampooing it but wanted to rinse through it. I tried it for that, and it did a decent job.

All it really had to do was smell good for that anyway! My hair looked no different when using it without a shampoo either, for the record.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348071505981031/k2311a078/7.8.11