Clairol Natural Instincts Caribbean Mahogany 20RB Hair Color  » Health  »
  • One day I decided that I wanted to see how my hair would look with a lot more red in it
  • I knew it would not be exactly the same, but I thought it would be close
  • The conditioner that comes with the hair color kit is amazing, and I swear it is worth it to buy the whole kit just to get that little tube of conditioner
  • I would recommend this color for someone wanting seriously deep and rich auburn hair

• by reviewabit

I often color my hair and usually with a permanent color. One day I decided that I wanted to see how my hair would look with a lot more red in it. I chose the Natural Instincts because it is not permanent– so if I did not like the result, I only had to tolerate it until it had worn off, which is supposed to be after about twenty eight shampoos.

I had used Natural Instincts before, and although I knew it did not completely cover grays for me, I was ok with that because it was not really time to touch up my gray. I just wanted to see how the redder shade would

look over my current hair color.

I chose the Caribbean Mahogany because the color I saw on the model’s hair looked very much like what I wanted to try. I knew it would not be exactly the same, but I thought it would be close.

This hair color is gentle and does not contain ammonia, so I knew it would not hurt my nose or lungs like some of the permanent kits I used, and would be gentle on my hair. I had washed my hair the day before, so I simply wet it to get it ready for the color treatment.

I mixed and applied the color, left it for the ten minutes as directed,

• and then lathered it up and rinsed it out. I was shocked at how red the water was that was going down the drain, but this is what I had wanted.

When I saw my wet hair in the mirror, I could tell it was a rich color even though it was wet. After drying, wow.

It was redder than I thought it would be! I should be clear– this is the result I wanted, I was just surprised at getting it! There was a tiny line where you could just see my gray starting to grow out, but I only saw it because I looked for it. It was not noticeable.

The color of this tiny line

was unacceptable had I needed the product to cover gray. Fortunately I already knew that my grey hair was resistant to temporary colors so I had not made that mistake again.

The conditioner that comes with the hair color kit is amazing, and I swear it is worth it to buy the whole kit just to get that little tube of conditioner. I liked the color but ultimately decided to stick with my original color and I let the mahogany wash itself out.

It did not quite last for 28 shampoos, but that was ok. I would recommend this color for someone wanting seriously deep and rich auburn hair.

I would not recommend it for someone with resistant gray hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348071505951031/k2311a078/7.8.11