O’Charley’s Mediterranean Chicken Wrap  » Food  »
  • This entree is a little departed from O’Charley’s usual offerings of good American fare, and it being entrée offered at a good price, I decided to try it
  • For $7.50, I was happy with the generosity of the portion size
  • The best of all was the treasured chunks of rich, sharp feta cheese
  • I found myself taking nonstop bites of the flatboard, searching for those chunks of feta cheese
  • If there had been dressing, I think it would’ve overpowered the taste of the other ingredients

• by carblover

Right now, everyone is swarming to O’Charley’s because they are having some great deals. They are offering two selected entrees for $14.99, and the entrée offerings are pretty hearty. I’ve tried about half of them and found them to be very satisfying. Lately, they’re offering three new entrees, two of which are calorie-conscious. But this review is not one of them. It’s the third one, Mediterranean Chicken Wrap. It sounds healthy though, if it wasn’t offered with fries, which it is. From the description, this flatbread sounds pretty healthy: it has Mediterranean-seasoned slices of chicken breast, red

onions, cucumbers, lettuce, tomato, and feta cheese served on grilled flatbread and drizzled with greek cucumber dressing. This entree is a little departed from O’Charley’s usual offerings of good American fare, and it being entrée offered at a good price, I decided to try it.

For $7.50, I was happy with the generosity of the portion size. First of all, the flatbread was about the size of the dinner plate. And it was filled with a generous helping of chicken. I could see and taste the crunchy slices of cucumber and red onions. The lettuce and dices of tomatoes also ...

• did its work to counter the well-season chicken slices. The best of all was the treasured chunks of rich, sharp feta cheese! That made the sandwich. I found myself taking nonstop bites of the flatboard, searching for those chunks of feta cheese. The whole sandwich was so will complemented and delicious that I realized the chef has forgotten to put the greek cucumber dressing. As far as I could tell, the sandwich was already perfection without the dressing. The flatbread was soft, chewy and dense; even if there were juices coming out from the veggies or chicken, that
        bread wasn’t going to get soggy. It was nicely grilled without too much oil. If there had been dressing, I think it would’ve overpowered the taste of the other ingredients. There was so much texture and so many flavors; I finished that sandwich with much gusto!

The fries were a nice complement, as is always. I normally finish the fries but the sandwich was so fulfilling that I neglected the fries. You have to try this entrée. It left me satisfied without making me feel heavy. I got my protein, veggies and my carbohydrates in a tasty package.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278071505921031/k2311a078/7.8.11