Cinnamon Cookies Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I always add extra cinnamon and vanilla though just because I like the flavor
  • I thought they had turned out strange, but then I tried one and was hooked

• by Alanna Rosewood

1 cup sugar 1/2 cup butter 1 large egg 1 tsp vanilla 1 1/2 cups flour 1 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp salt cinnamon sugar cinnamon chips (optional)

I am sort of a spice addict, so when I found out there were cinnamon cookies that don’t taste like snicker doodles I was immediately all over trying them. This particular recipe is extremely easy - you simply have to plan ahead for it because you have to leave the dough in the fridge for two hours (I didn’t realize that the first time I made them). So far I have made these cookies several times,

and each time I make them they turn out a little different.

The first time I made them I didn’t have any measuring spoons, so I was guestimating on the amounts of cinnamon, baking powder, so on. I always add extra cinnamon and vanilla though just because I like the flavor. For this batch I stuck to the recipe without doubling it or anything and I made the dough balls pretty small. When i pulled them out of the oven they were these cute little semi-spherical cookies that still looked like dough balls. I thought they had turned out strange, but then I ...

• tried one and was hooked. I ended up eating about five in one sitting (that’ll be a secret between us :P). I didn’t feel guilty either because they are relatively low calorie (about 45 calories per cookie).

Now, the second time I made them was a completely different story. This time I doubled the batch since we went through the first one so fast, and I had actual measuring gear. I still used extra cinnamon and vanilla though. When they came out of the oven this time, though, they were completely flat and still undercooked. I had to put them in for three

more minutes and they just turned out odd… granted they tasted really good, I just like the dough ball style better. This may be because I greased the pans, or maybe I made the dough balls too big or didn’t let them refrigerate long enough - not sure. I also may have added a little more baking soda the first time, so that could have been it. Either way, the cookies were really good, you just have to experiment with it until you get the consistency you prefer. Hint: add as much cinnamon as you want, it only makes it better. And the cinnamon chips are awesome too!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 497071505720531/k2311a077/7.7.11