Citiseconline Stockbrokers  » Finance  »
  • Along with the high commission rate and the not-so-on-the-spot advice the broker gave me, I decided it was time to change my strategy
  • One possible disadvantage is if you want personal reassurance and advice from someone knowledgeable and experienced, of which a broker can definitely do for you
  • However, if you do have time to research and monitor the market, or have friends that can give you good trading advice and heads up whenever there is a significant market movement, I would recommend doing your trading here as you will have full and on-time control of your portfolio and gives you more profit/less losses on the commission

• by TheCity

I first went into stock trading of Philippine stocks last year through a personal broker. I initially invested around P30,000 which I soon found to be too low to make the stressful stock trading worth it. Along with the high commission rate and the not-so-on-the-spot advice the broker gave me, I decided it was time to change my strategy.

Thus, I decided to open an account at Citiseconline, which is an online broker. Opening an account is easy enough. You just need to fill up an application form, fax it along with some documents, and then deposit some money (minimum of P25,000 for regular account) to your account.

Opening a Citiseconline account has a lot of advantages as compared to a personal broker. First, the commission rate is only .25%, which is as low as it can allowably get. The

amount saved on commission can be quite significant.

Second, it’s a very personal and hands-on way to manage your portfolio. You get to see the actual prices of the stocks as they move, and the pending buys/sells posted by other traders, so as to get a feel of where the stock is going. You get to see the indexes, historical charts, and choose stocks to keep track of, etc. as well. You can post or cancel an order as soon as you feel like doing so, without the hassle of connecting to your broker and wondering if he/she has already sold or bought the stock. There is no blaming your broker, or anyone else, for missed chances or wrong moves. One excellent thing too is that it shows your total portfolio, which the percent gain/loss and value of each stock ...

• and your entire portfolio. The website is very reliable and moves fast, even faster than the actual Philippine Stock Exchange website. It’s also quite simple to withdraw your money and deposit into your bank account. Each account has an account number and password for you to login and you just have to be careful to keep it private. You can buy as small an amount as possible, of which a broker would normally find insignificant if you just want to play and experiment, and you can also invest as big an amount without other people knowing how much you have and earn. The website operates very well, and is actually kind of like a fun game, especially if you’re winning.

definitely do for you. If you have no time to monitor the market especially during trading hours, Citiseconline might also not be good for you as there will be no one monitoring your stocks for you and you might miss out on a lot of good sells/buys. This is for me, the main advantage of a broker as he/she looks after the stocks for you.

However, if you do have time to research and monitor the market, or have friends that can give you good trading advice and heads up whenever there is a significant market movement, I would recommend doing your trading here as you will have full and on-time control of your portfolio and gives you more profit/less losses on the commission. The site also has a lot of stock tips, outlooks, etc. which you can choose to follow or not.

catalina raczewski says :

Hello, I am interested on investing on stocks in the Philippines, but my issue is I dont reside there anymore my permanent address is USA but I have a Dual citezinship. what is your best advise on these kind of case.who knows I might retire in my own country after all is still the best.

Best Regards,
    Catalina

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 426071505350431/k2311a076/7.6.11