Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Gurus rave and rave about it, insisting it's the best eyeshadow primer on the market
  • Unfortunately though, all the praise and glory comes to a halt when each girl repetitively whines about the same thing (deep breath)
  • Now, the bottle looks cute, but when you think about using the primer realistically, you immediately realize the problem
  • So after hearing the news, I decided it was finally time to run out and purchase the one, the only, Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Maybe I'm being unrealistic, but since I've heard everyone talk about this product, I expected this to be purely amazing

• by Diana

So… I have been itching to go to Sephora for the longest time once I heard Urban Decay had re-packaged their bestselling Primer Potion. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but believe me– it’s a big deal.

Urban Decay’s Primer Potion is beloved on YouTube. It’s hard to watch a video without hearing the product mentioned. Everybody’s obsessed with it! Gurus rave and rave about it, insisting it’s the best eyeshadow primer on the market! Unfortunately though, all the praise and glory comes to a halt when each girl repetitively whines about the same thing (deep breath): the packaging.

I don’t know what Urban Decay was thinking when they packaged their Primer Potion in a genie-inspired bottle. The packaging had a circular bubble-top and a curvy tube with a little ridge at the bottom. Now, the bottle looks cute, but when you think about using the primer realistically, you immediately realize the problem. If the tube

is in a curvy shape, how will the slanted doe-foot applicator reach all the product? Ahhhhhh. Never thought about that, did you Urban Decay?

Finally, after hearing the constant complaints and whining, Urban Decay finally came to their senses, and decided to package their precious Primer Potion in a regular squeeze-tube. For a dollar extra. Ugh. Sigh. Thanks, Urban Decay.

So after hearing the news, I decided it was finally time to run out and purchase the one, the only, Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Pros- *I like how Urban Decay’s Primer Potion in Original is a light beige-y pink color. It blends flawlessly into my skin, and is quite smooth and creamy. The reason I like the color is because it can work with any skintone and looks colorless against skin.

*Urban Decay also has a nice variety of colors available for the Primer Potion. Although I have only tried Original, I know there is also a pink ...

• champagne, a nice yellow-gold, and many more beautiful, flattering shades that create a beautiful undertone to the shadows you place on top.

*This products makes my eyeshadows truly stay forever on my lids! I will never skip a day without using Primer Potion!

*Primer Potion really does make my eyeshadow colors “pop.” When applied to the lid, the colors look almost exactly the same as looked at in the pan. I loveee itttt!

Cons- *Although I was really excited about the packaging, the genie top really disappointed me. Why? Because the stupid thing broke. Well in more detail, the rings where you’re supposed to twist the top up and down got kinked together making the top impossible to fully close. If I twist it too tight, the cap makes a popping sound. Errrggghhh….. I hope that made sense…. uggghhh. That irritated me.

*Although the Urban Decay Primer Potion is promised to make your eyeshadows crease-free, I noticed at

the end of the day very, very, very slight creasing where my double-eyelid folds over. This was hugely disappointing considering everyone promised me it wouldn’t do that.

So in the end, I I fell for the hype. I mean, don’t get me wrong. Primer Potion is a great product, maybe even my holy-grail eyeshadow primer. I just thought it would be flawless. Maybe I’m being unrealistic, but since I’ve heard everyone talk about this product, I expected this to be purely amazing. Because of this, I would have to give Urban Decay Primer Potion a 9.5/10. If only it didn’t give me that one, annoying line on my shadows, I would have given the Primer Potion 100% satisfaction, ignoring the packaging fail. I mean, what do you want? A single line, or a thousand lines in your shadows? I don’t know… ehh. However, all in all, I’d say go for it. It’s the best eyeshadow primer I’ve tried, so I guess it’ll be the best you’ve tried, too.

Urban Decay Primer Potion

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315071504530131/k2311a075/7.5.11