Alberto VO5 Shampoo blackberry sage 15 oz  » Health  »
  • I have used many kinds, but have found that although some have impressive ingredients lists and cost a lot of money, it does not mean that they work better
  • I found this out when I used another VO5 clarifying shampoo, the tea therapy vanilla mint
  • While I was browsing the store, I happened to pass by the shelf and noticed the other products in the “tea therapy” line
  • When I opened the top to see what it smelled like, it was just delicious
  • I highly recommend trying the VO5 shampoo brand

• by reviewabit

I occasionally need to use a clarifying shampoo to combat the build up from various styling products I use to help balance out the look of my complicated combination hair. I have used many kinds, but have found that although some have impressive ingredients lists and cost a lot of money, it does not mean that they work better. Sometimes, the clarifying shampoos that are very cheap do a better job than the big salon brands, or at least perform as well.

I found this out when I used another VO5 clarifying shampoo, the tea therapy vanilla mint. It is part of the same line as this one.

I only paid sixty cents for that bottle of shampoo, and I only paid ninety-nine for this one. While

I was browsing the store, I happened to pass by the shelf and noticed the other products in the “tea therapy” line.

When I saw the blackberry sage, and saw that it too was a clarifying formula, I was thrilled and put it right in my cart. There is a tea that I drink made by Republic of Tea, and it is called blackberry sage– it is one of my favorites to make iced tea with.

I wondered if they for the idea for the fragrance from that tea. When I opened the top to see what it smelled like, it was just delicious.

There was a heavy berry overtone, but you could also detect the slight bitterness of black tea. It did remind me a lot of the ...

• tea I drank, and I actually made some that night because I spurred a craving!

I did not use the shampoo right away.

It was a week or two before I felt like I needed to “clarify. ” Since the detergents in the cheaper shampoos can be harsh, I wanted to be sure there was plenty of gunk built up in my hair that it would have its work cut out for it.

When the time came, I lathered up with the blackberry sage, and found it to have an identical performance as the vanilla mint, just with a different fragrance. It too, made a ton of lather, smelled amazing, cleaned my hair thoroughly and got out all the build up– and also left me with shiny,

healthy looking hair that rivaled any salon brand’s effects.

I had lost a lot of the volume in my hair within the two weeks that I had been using the gentle sulfate free shampoos that are supposed to protect my color but also do not seem to clean as thoroughly as detergent brands. My hair was now fluffy and voluminous, and did not even look as if it had been dried out– and this was from using the shampoo only, no conditioner.

The wonderful blackberry and tea smell stayed in my hair for hours. Out of the two I have tried, it is a difficult choice which variety I like best, because they are both yummy and I will probably continue to use both.

I highly recommend trying the VO5 shampoo brand. You might be surprised.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345071503941231/k2311a075/7.5.11