Thalgo Delicate Exfoliant Bar 4.4 oz  » Health  »
  • This eventually led to a friendship with a woman who works in a spa, and I learned a lot about the various products they use and sell
  • I thought about it for a moment, and decided that even though that was still high, it was, after all, probably the only way I was ever going to get to try it
  • I have used shea butter in a variety of products, and have even ordered it as a pure unprocessed butter, so I know it has incredible moisturizing and healing properties for the skin
  • I am torn as to whether I think this bar should cost what it does at regular retail
  • I will just say that if you can find a good deal on it, this is definitely a product worth trying

• by reviewabit

I have a love of bath products and soaps. This eventually led to a friendship with a woman who works in a spa, and I learned a lot about the various products they use and sell. One that she was very fond of was the Thalgo Exfoliate bar. I had never tried it, and did not want to pay the nearly thirty dollars the spa charged for the product.

I got very lucky when a bar got damaged during an accident where a shelf collapsed. The packaging was crushed, and the pretty, curvily shaped soap had a small chunk taken out of the side. They were unable to return it to the manufacturer, so they sold it at a discount price.

When my friend found out they were offering

it for fifteen dollars, she immediately called me and asked if I wanted it. I thought about it for a moment, and decided that even though that was still high, it was, after all, probably the only way I was ever going to get to try it. Even with a chunk out of its side, it was a pretty bar.

The shape of the bar was similar to a slightly asymmetrical version of a Dove soap bar. Throughout the bar there were little natural exfoliates. The bar had a very mild fragrance.

I would describe it as fresh and perhaps creamy, like a light vanilla maybe, with a touch of some very faint floral. It was pleasant, but somehow I expected it to be a little more ...

• exotic or original for the price. The formula does not have detergents like sodium lauryl sulfates.

It contains gentle cleansers, and also has shea butter and fucus. I have used shea butter in a variety of products, and have even ordered it as a pure unprocessed butter, so I know it has incredible moisturizing and healing properties for the skin. I do not know much about fucus, other than it is a sea weed.

I tried it out in the shower first. The little pieces contained in the soap were soft and gentle, but were effective still. It makes a great lather, and feels rich and creamy on the skin.

I have to admit that when I actually used the product, the fragrance

grew on me, because it was well matched to the texture and gentleness of the soap itself. After the shower, I felt very soft and smoothed. It did not dry out my skin at all.

In fact, I would say that it was among the least drying bar soaps I have ever used. Someone knew what they were doing when they made this soap. I have tried it on my face also, and as long as it is summer and my skin is not terribly dry, it works fine.

I am torn as to whether I think this bar should cost what it does at regular retail. I will just say that if you can find a good deal on it, this is definitely a product worth trying.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345071503921231/k2311a075/7.5.11