Uricalm Max Strength Urinary Pain Relief Tablets 24 ct  » Health  »
  • I get infections easily, and sometimes experience irritability and pain even without an infection present, if I eat or drink something that triggers it
  • I have a long standing argument with the idea that cranberries should be taken when one has a urinary problem
  • I learned from using these products for years that you need to wear panty liners and old clothes, and keep a little bleach by your toilet to get that orange stain out as soon as you can

• by reviewabit

When I was in my twenties, I had a urinary tract infection that lasted over eight months. In the end, I finally got to the appropriate type of doctor, and they found that the pain I was having was actually not from an infection, but from damage produced by the infection which had already cleared up. My bladder was inflamed and painful, and the constant pain and urgency was driving me insane after so many months of dealing with it daily. I eventually had the base of my bladder cauterized to eliminate the tissue that refused to heal.

I went on a low acid diet, and eventually, I was pain free. Since that time, I do have some issues come up occasionally. My bladder is

pretty sensitive.

I get infections easily, and sometimes experience irritability and pain even without an infection present, if I eat or drink something that triggers it. When I have these problems I first turn to an over the counter product like Azo or Cystex. The last time I had a flare up, I sent my partner to the store to get something to relieve the pain, and she brought back Uricalm.

I was ok with the fact that it had phenazopyridine hydrochloride as the active ingredient, as this is the same ingredient found in the very effective drug Pyridium. I was not so thrilled that it contained cranberry extract. I have a long standing argument with the idea that cranberries should be taken when one ...

• has a urinary problem.

The fruit has been shown to contain some substance that prevents bacteria from adhering to the bladder wall. This is great as a preventative in a healthy, pain free bladder, but if you have inflammation from an infection or other cause, the acid in the fruit is going to make the symptoms worse. Also, if you do not truly have an infection, it is a waste anyway as it will do nothing.

Despite the fact it contained the cranberries, which I spent a lot of time taking in my twenties before someone clued me in on the real story, I took the product, hoping it would ease the pain. By morning, it had worked, even with the berries. I felt a little sorry

for my rage.

Perhaps there is not enough berry in this product to do any harm. It did relieve the pain. One thing to note about using this drug is that you should take precaution against the day-glo orange color that your urine will turn to.

Don’t be alarmed, it is perfectly normal and harmless– at least to your body. Your clothes and sheets and toilets are another story. I learned from using these products for years that you need to wear panty liners and old clothes, and keep a little bleach by your toilet to get that orange stain out as soon as you can.

For relieving urinary pain, this is a product that will work just as well as any of them, even the prescription brands.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345071503911231/k2311a075/7.5.11