Roc Daily Resurfacing Disks 28 ct  » Health  »
  • I like to use products to exfoliate my face and keep skin as fresh and young as possible for my forty one years of age
  • Although it sounded a bit harsh as I think of sanding a piece of wood when someone says “resurfacing” these are actually not as rough as most of the other products I have tried
  • Unfortunately, it does contain paraben preservatives, which I try to limit my exposure to for health reasons
  • My moisturizer solved that problem, at least until I tried using the product in the winter
  • After my skin became red and itchy and it took tons of moisturizers to get it back into shape, I decided to shelve this one until summer rolled around again

• by reviewabit

I like to use products to exfoliate my face and keep skin as fresh and young as possible for my forty one years of age. I have used a variety of methods for doing this, from loofahs and various scrubs to chemical exfoliates. Someone suggested to me that I might like these Roc Resurfacing disks. Although it sounded a bit harsh as I think of sanding a piece of wood when someone says “resurfacing” these are actually not as rough as most of the other products I have tried.

Although they were outrageously priced for the ingredients they contained, I generally liked them. These little round pads contain a cleanser and treatment for your skin. You use the softer side to clean the skin

and remove makeup, then turn it to the exfoliating side to get rid of your dead skin.

It has a nice pleasant feel to it– not too rough, not too gentle. The fragrance is light, clean, and pleasant. The cleanser is free of sodium lauryl sulfate.

Instead, it uses the coconut based cocamidopropyl betaine, a coconut derived cleanser which is a bit gentler. It also has glycerin and soybean protein. Unfortunately, it does contain paraben preservatives, which I try to limit my exposure to for health reasons.

There are actually quite a few ingredients which I cannot pronounce, and that is not always such a good sign. I do not refrain from using all chemicals. I like natural products and when I can find ...

• ones that are effective I do choose them often over mainstream products, but I still have faith in the mainstream science so I keep a foot in both doors and just try not to over-expose myself to many harmful chemicals.

Hopefully, a healthy diet and constant use of detoxifying supplements and hot baths will make up the difference. The first few times I used the pads, my skin felt a little tight afterward. My moisturizer solved that problem, at least until I tried using the product in the winter.

I am afraid this one is way too drying for me to use in the winter. After my skin became red and itchy and it took tons of moisturizers to get it back into shape, I decided

to shelve this one until summer rolled around again. It can be a challenge finding the right cleansers and other products for combination skin that is oily as a teenager’s in the summer but a dry, irritated flake-fest in winter.

Some of it may be my age or medical issues, but I partly blame my heating unit. (I also suffer with dry nose, dry mouth, dry throat, and dry eyes all winter!) While I would recommend this product for anyone with oily or combination skin, I think those with drier skin types or very sensitive skin will not be able to tolerate it. I look forward to reintroducing myself to the product this summer, as soon as I can find where I stored them away for hibernation!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345071503901231/k2311a075/7.5.11