Equate Motion Sickness Tablets 50 mg 100 ct  » Health  »
  • I decided that to save a little money, I would try out the Equate brand from Walmart
  • I think it is great to be able to save a little money, so I am a frequent user of generic brands
  • Some are definitely better than others, and it is helpful to understand that the brand is usually not made by the store itself, but an outside company that supplies them and puts their name on the product

• by reviewabit

I have used Dramamine for motions sickness in the past, and it has been a lifesaver. I decided that to save a little money, I would try out the Equate brand from Walmart. I have generally had really good experiences with their brand of health care products, so I felt pretty confident it would work just as well. I do not get sick in cars, on planes, or anywhere on land– but put me in a boat and add some choppy water and I feel as green as an avocado.

There was a favorite shop that I loved to visit whenever I traveled to see a relative who was an island dweller. To get to it, one had to take a ferry. On a calm day, I

was usually fine, but as luck would have it, most of the time I managed to pick a day when the weather was a little less friendly to the waves.

I packed my Equate for the trip, and took it about thirty minutes before getting onto the ferry. It worked every bit as well as the Dramamine. I was as stable as I could be.

In the past, I normally took it too soon before getting on board, and had to suffer through a few minutes of nausea before it took effect. Needless to say, while feeling ill, I rarely looked at my surroundings. This time I didn’t even have a hint of greenness and I was sympathetic but slightly amused as I saw the look ...

• on people’s faces who were obviously not feeling well.

One young lady in particular caught my eye. She was holding onto her seat like she thought it was going to fly off the boat, and if anyone ever looked like they were going to puke, she certainly did. I walked over and asked if she was ok and if she could take Dramamine.

She said she had never taken it before because she had never had motion sickness before, and I could sympathize– the first time is a nightmare. (So is the second, and third, etc. ) I offered her some of the Equate and assured her it worked.

She took it and thanked me with a much more relaxed look on her face later when we

were both on the same ferry to go back to the parking. So there are two satisfied customers who can tell you the Equate works just as well as the brand name. I think it is great to be able to save a little money, so I am a frequent user of generic brands.

Some are definitely better than others, and it is helpful to understand that the brand is usually not made by the store itself, but an outside company that supplies them and puts their name on the product. Whoever makes them, I have been happy with the quality of the vast majority of Equate products, and also the Relion brand which makes blood pressure monitors, glucose monitors, and other health products for them. I highly recommend the brand in general.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345071503891231/k2311a075/7.5.11