Kirkland Signature Vitamin E 400 IU 500 ct  » Health  »
  • It does an absolutely amazing job of healing up problem skin, and seems to work no matter what the problem is
  • I highly recommend this brand of vitamin E supplement

• by reviewabit

I have used a few Kirkland supplements before and generally find them to be good. Vitamin E is a great product to use for heart health, the immune system and a ton of other health benefits. My actual reason for buying these was for something different. While you can buy vitamin E oil in stores, I have been told that the oil you get from inside the softgels of supplements is more potent and works better if used on the skin.

I had an itchy spot on my arm that refused to heal up. I am not sure what it was. I let me doctor look at it but he was not concerned and just said to keep an eye on it and let

him know if it is did not get any better or started to look different.

I wasn’t worried about what it might be, but I was tired of the itching and the red scaly spot, which was not attractive. After trying a few creams like Benadryl and hydro-cortisone, I remembered about the vitamin E oil. I looked through my cabinets because I was certain that I already had some, and I did– but it was expired.

Rather than take a chance on it not working, I asked my mother if she had some, because she takes vitamin E for her heart. She did, and it was a large bottle of the Kirkland brand. I put a few of the softgels in a bottle for myself and started ...

• applying the oil twice a day.

There is one great thing about the product– it works. It does an absolutely amazing job of healing up problem skin, and seems to work no matter what the problem is. There are two things not to like.

One is the smell. Unlike the nicely fragrance free oils that you can buy, the inside of these softgels do not smell nice. My partner described them as a cross between rancid oil and dirty socks.

I thought they had a bit of a fishy note. We debated long and hard about what made up the fine fragrance emanating from my arm every night. The other problem is that it is sticky.

Imagine honey mixed with oil, pasted

onto your skin. I had to be careful not to let my arm touch anything. I accidentally brushed it against the cat, and walked away with car hair plastered to my arm.

It was impossible to get off without physically washing it with soap and water. I was so happy when I got out of the shower a week after starting the regimen and saw that the flakiness was gone and normal skin was back. My mom swears this vitamin E is as good as any brand she has ever taken orally, and I can tell you that for skin treatment, although it is not pleasant, it works like a miracle.

It can save some money too. I highly recommend this brand of vitamin E supplement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345071503881231/k2311a075/7.5.11