Carex Inflatable Rubber Ring Comfort Cushion  » Health  »
2.5
  • She has had problems with hemorrhoids too, and hurt her tail bone several times, so I thought she might have some type of cushion
  • It is much smaller than the foam donut cushion I had, but I was willing to try anything at this point, including a pool ring (I found one of those but also found that it leaked so it was no good)
  • There is one thing I like about this cushion
  • Unfortunately, it was not very comfortable at all
  • The rubber ring served its purpose, but I would recommend a softer product for the tush if it is in pain

• by reviewabit

When I developed a serious hemorrhoid flare up, I looked everywhere for my ring cushion, which was made of foam, and could not find it. It may have accidentally gotten packed with the Christmas things (long story. ) I was sore and tired and it was too late at night to go to the store to look for one, so I asked my mother if she happened to have one. She has had problems with hemorrhoids too, and hurt her tail bone several times, so I thought she might have some type of cushion.

She came up with this one which is made by Carex. I have had mixed results with Carex products. Some were good, some not so great.

This cushion is rather small. It

is much smaller than the foam donut cushion I had, but I was willing to try anything at this point, including a pool ring (I found one of those but also found that it leaked so it was no good. ) I inflated the rubbery cushion with some hesitation.

It did not smell or taste nice. If you like to eat rubber, it would be great. After inflating, I placed it on my office chair with the hopes of finishing up some work before bed.

There is one thing I like about this cushion. It doesn’t slide. It stays where you put it, and your rear end stays where you put it on the cushion too.

Unfortunately, it was not very comfortable at all. I asked my mom if she ...

• actually liked the thing, and then she confessed that she did not and much preferred the foam cushions, but hers had long since worn out so it was thrown away. I made a note to go and buy a foam cushion at the first available opportunity.

I suppose I should give the product some credit. It is well made. For something inflatable, it would not be easy to tear up.

It didn’t seem to lose air, and it would have been hard to accidentally puncture. It stank, but it was rubber. That is to be expected.

I have to admit that while the rest of my rear was not particularly comfortable, it did actually relieve the pressure that was causing the hemorrhoids to hurt more. So, although

I grumbled about the feel of it, I did keep using it for a few days until I could get another foam cushion. Once I did, I actually bought two so my mom would have one too, since both of us preferred that type.

Using the foam ring did not make the hemorrhoids get better any faster than the rubber one would have, but it did mean I could sit much more comfortably over all, without hurting my back or tail, and I didn’t have to smell like a tire. The rubber ring served its purpose, but I would recommend a softer product for the tush if it is in pain. Since I found that my pool ring leaked… the rubber ring may have itself a new job.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345071503841231/k2311a075/7.5.11