Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Hand Cream SPF 15 2.5 oz  » Health  »
2.5
  • When I was disappointed in a few anti-aging creams for hands that I had tried, my friend in the UK said I should try the Boots brand– being a loyal customer of the famous chemist and knowing their products were very good
  • I think the cream did a decent job, but at the end of the trial, I decided it was not really affecting the appearance of my hands enough to justify having to specially order it and pay so much money
  • This is an effective product, but a bit overpriced in my opinion
  • I would only recommend it if you can afford to spend nearly twenty dollars on a tube of hand cream that does not contain any particularly expensive components
  • I like Boots products and will continue to use them, but I think this one I will probably not use again

• by reviewabit

When I was disappointed in a few anti-aging creams for hands that I had tried, my friend in the UK said I should try the Boots brand– being a loyal customer of the famous chemist and knowing their products were very good. I had a quick look and found that I could order it from America and it was not necessary for her to ship it to me from England. The No.

7 cream has sun protection, and is supposed to help repair damaged skin and fight aging and wrinkles. I ordered the small size, so I could try and see if I liked it before getting a larger one.

I also liked that I could carry it in

my purse. The cream is basically a glycerin and shea butter cream with a few chemicals I don’t recognize and SPF 15 sun block.

When it came in, I was pleased to find that it was unscented. Since I intended to use it every day, I didn’t have to worry about it competing with my cologne.

I tried a little on my finger and found that it was very smooth, non-greasy, and a the typical easily absorbed shea butter feel that I was familiar with. It did seem to lock moisture in, and I liked the way my hands looked and felt when I put it on.

I used it several times a day, and found that it did ...

• a great job of moisturizing, even if I had my hands in water all day. My fingernails had been looking dry, which accentuated the unattractive vertical ridges in them that I had started developing after forty.

The cream seemed to put moisture back into my nails as well as my hand and they looked younger too. I didn’t really notice any lasting effects though, and as far as reducing wrinkles, my hands do not have a lot of wrinkles but just look older as the texture of the skin has changed.

When I put the cream on, my skin looked younger temporarily, but this is really the case with any decent moisturizing cream. I wanted to see longer lasting results.

I

think the cream did a decent job, but at the end of the trial, I decided it was not really affecting the appearance of my hands enough to justify having to specially order it and pay so much money. There are plenty of other shea butter and glycerin creams around.

This is an effective product, but a bit overpriced in my opinion. I would only recommend it if you can afford to spend nearly twenty dollars on a tube of hand cream that does not contain any particularly expensive components.

This can often be the case with big names. I like Boots products and will continue to use them, but I think this one I will probably not use again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345071503721131/k2311a075/7.5.11