Balanced Planets Venus Calm Women’s Vitality Drink Mix Chocolate 6oz
1.0
  • This is an interesting concept, nutrition and natural remedies based on the attributes of the planets
  • I thought it would be better if I tried it with almond milk, which is good because it adds a creaminess but without adding many carbs

• by reviewabit

This is an interesting concept, nutrition and natural remedies based on the attributes of the planets. And chocolate, of course. That gets everyone’s attention. I became interested in this product after a fellow diabetic said that it helped her blood sugars stabilize.

It makes a lot of claims– like being able to promote energy and vitality, balance hormones and produce a sense of “calm. ” It is also supposed to enhance the libido. I was interested in all those things, but mostly I wanted to see if it helped my blood sugar levels, which I am always trying to get down as much as possible so that I do not have to take as many prescription medications.

The blood sugar benefits depends on a complex of polysaccharides, according

to the product. Most of the ingredients were somewhat familiar to me and I am pretty sure I have taken most of them in one way or another in other products. It contains, cacao, acai, taurine, glycine, apple pectin powder, L theanine, macarich, GABA, and is sweetened with stevia.

Each serving has forty-five calories, and five grams of carbohydrate, of which one is fiber. This is calculated with the product and water only. For four net carbs, I knew it was something I could take without worrying about too much effect on my blood sugar immediately.

If nothing else, at least I could enjoy a chocolate shake of sorts. It suggested mixing it with eight ounces of liquid, such as almond, soy, rice milk ...

• or mixed into yogurt. It can also be blended with ice.

I first tried the product with plain water, and found it tolerable, but the stevia gave it an artificial saccharin like taste to me. I thought it would be better if I tried it with almond milk, which is good because it adds a creaminess but without adding many carbs. I tried the almond milk with a few packets of Truvia to try and kill the stevia taste– and a couple of ice cubes.

This actually made a fairly decent tasting shake, and still had less than a hundred calories. I drank the shakes until I ran out, about one a day on average. I keep a log of my blood sugar readings when

I am testing products to see if they affect it, and there were no notable differences in my readings at all.

The shake itself had no impact, and apparently neither did the nutrients included. Although it tasted nice and was a great excuse to have some chocolate, this product did nothing for me. It did not improve my energy level, calm me, or help with hormonal symptoms relating to my period or anything else.

There was no change in my libido. Perhaps Venus was the wrong planet for me to try. I am an Aquarian, so maybe Uranus would have been the right formula.

I wonder what flavor it is?

Seriously, perhaps it works for some. For me, it was just a really expensive chocolate milkshake mix.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341071503680431/k2311a071/7.1.11