Upper Canada Naturally Cranberry Moro Orange Soap Bar 5 oz  » Health  »
  • I love bath products and everyone who knows me knows about my “bath habit
  • It is probably considered more of a feminine fragrance, but I think if you did not tell them this, men would probably like it too
  • I believe they were the blueberry seeds mentioned in the ingredients list, which also included glycerin, palm kernel acid, and cranberry extract
  • I do not necessarily avoid the “unnatural” products, but I do like to limit them, so that fewer chemicals are put into my body
  • I would highly recommend it for anyone who loved fruity scents, and prefers a more natural or hybrid natural product

• by reviewabit

I love bath products and everyone who knows me knows about my “bath habit. ” When I was commenting on how much I liked an Upper Canada product I had tried, someone paid attention, and for a gift, I received a bar soap and a matching massage/body oil in Upper Canada’s Cranberry Moro Orange. This was a very unique scent, and I loved it. While it seemed to be a more fruity type of fragrance, it was rich and almost seemed to have a holiday theme about it.

The Moro orange is also known as blood orange, and the tart cranberry blended with it made a sweet and almost tangy fragrance. It is probably considered more of a feminine fragrance, but I think if you did not tell them this,

men would probably like it too. The bar itself was light pink.

It is a shapely, pretty bar, with little seeds visible throughout. I believe they were the blueberry seeds mentioned in the ingredients list, which also included glycerin, palm kernel acid, and cranberry extract. All things considered, this was not the most “natural looking” ingredient list for a soap, and I am not sure how to classify it– as natural soap or detergent.

Thankfully there were no sulfates listed. Upper Canada is generally known for using natural products and most of theirs are paraben and sulfate free. They have been making products since 1969, and all of their products that I have used have been of consistently very high quality.

I do not necessarily avoid ...

• the “unnatural” products, but I do like to limit them, so that fewer chemicals are put into my body. I think if I use products that are more natural it is better for my health. The natural brands do usually cost more, and Upper Canada’s products are no exception, but it is well worth the extra cost to get the consistency and quality.

When I used the bar in my shower, I found that it made a wonderful, creamy lather easily. The little seeds were not irritating at all. They really served more as eye candy, as I don’t think they did much exfoliating.

The lather rinsed easily and left me feeling clean but soft. I don’t normally use bar soaps in the winter, as my skin

tends to be drier, but in the summer I can get away with any type of soap I want. This is one that would almost be appropriate for winter, as it is not drying or irritating at all.

The fragrance is tart and sweet, and potent enough to enjoy for a few hours on your skin– but it is not too likely to interfere with other fragrance, as it fades quickly. The bathroom will smell great though. Since I have the matching massage oil, I sometimes use it as a perfume after using the soap.

I have not experienced any irritation from the soap. I think this is a great soap. I would highly recommend it for anyone who loved fruity scents, and prefers a more natural or hybrid natural product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341071503590431/k2311a071/7.1.11