NuxeTonific Roll on Deodorant 1.6 oz  » Health  »
  • I think the natural product community needs to just acknowledge that aluminum seems to be the only thing that works as well as it does for this purpose
  • Unfortunately, the price will keep me from using it on a full time basis
  • I would recommend this product to someone who is looking for a natural deodorant and does not want to waste their time using 100 that don’t work

• by reviewabit

Since learning about how aluminum in anti-perspirant products can increase your risk of cancer, I have been trying natural alternatives, hoping to find one that works as well as the mainstream ones so I can replace them permanently. I have had a pretty hard time with this, as most of them fail miserably. I think the natural product community needs to just acknowledge that aluminum seems to be the only thing that works as well as it does for this purpose. I will keep trying though– especially if I find something that seems a little unique.

This French made deodorant seemed to be a little different. It is alcohol free, and contains no aluminum salts. It is supposed to keep you drier too– according to a small study that

the maker cites.

Supposedly, a “coconut oil derivative” traps and neutralizes odors, while Brazilian Mimosa diminishes perspiration and corn powder absorbs. (I assume they mean corn starch. ) Aloe vera and bamboo are added to soften skin.

I took the bait and ordered a bottle, although I was skeptical, and roll-ons are probably my least favorite type of deodorant because they tend to be sticky and I hate waiting for them to dry. I tried the deodorant out the way I normally try a new natural deodorant– on a day when I have no intention of leaving the house to go out in public. I made the mistake of trusting a few and ended up really self conscious because they didn’t work!

The scent of this ...

• product is nice.

It is a plain, clean, fresh sort of smell. Women or men could use it easily, and it won’t interfere with other products. The roll on was like most roll ons.

It went on smoothly but felt sticky until it dried, which I hastened with the hair dryer. Once it did dry, it was comfortable to wear. I checked about three hours into the day to see how well it was holding up.

A little background– I had picked a day when I would be painting my bedroom. It was summer, and even though I was indoors, I did get sweaty. After three hours, it was actually doing pretty well.

I did not detect any odor, and while there was a little

wetness, it was less than what I am accustomed to with natural products. At the end of the day, there was some odor, but it was tolerable. This is probably one of the better products I have used as far as natural deodorant.

Unfortunately, the price will keep me from using it on a full time basis. At least I now have something I can “work in” sometimes to at least limit my exposure to the aluminum. I would recommend this product to someone who is looking for a natural deodorant and does not want to waste their time using 100 that don’t work.

This one is not as effective as the mainstream aluminum containing ones, but it is a bit better than the majority of the others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341071503550431/k2311a071/7.1.11