The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Gloss
  • I know a lot of people who love the cosmetics that the store sells, but unfortunately this gloss was okay at best for me
  • I found that it was not as moisturizing as I wanted it to be, but the worst thing about it was the jar that it comes in
  • The following review fully details my experience using this gloss and why I feel that it was a big waste of my money
  • One of the reasons why I prefer lip glosses over lip sticks is that I find them to be less drying
  • It simply costs too much considering the fact that the main thing I like about it is how it smells

• by Simply_Fabulous

I recently went out of town with a few friends of mine and accidentally forgot my favorite moisturizing lip gloss. I did not want to make a bit fuss about it so I ended up purchasing this relatively inexpensive gloss from a local Body Shop store. I know a lot of people who love the cosmetics that the store sells, but unfortunately this gloss was okay at best for me. I found that it was not as moisturizing as I wanted it to be, but the worst thing about it was the jar that it comes in. The jar is a

bit small and I hate having to dip my finger in it in order to apply the product. The following review fully details my experience using this gloss and why I feel that it was a big waste of my money.

One of the reasons why I prefer lip glosses over lip sticks is that I find them to be less drying. This gloss however does not possess any moisturizing effects in my opinion. It does do a good job of delivering a small amount of color to my lips that is both subtle and appropriate for everyday wear. I also like ...

• the fact that it makes my lips shiny without leaving them with that nasty sticky feeling. In terms of quality, I find that this product has to reapplied frequently in order to maintain the glossy effect. Even though I really do not have much use for this product, one of the reasons why I continue to use it is I love the way that it smells. I usually do not like strawberry fragrances but this one smells so yummy to me.

Based on my experience, I would rate this product a 6 out of 10. It is nothing special and more of

a disappointment than anything else. The main positive that I like about it is its sheerness. If you are looking for a natural looking lip gloss then this product might be suitable for you. Just be forewarned that you will spend a lot of time digging into the small jar that it comes in and reapplying the gloss throughout the day. I do not plan on buying this gloss again and I would discourage others from getting it as well. It simply costs too much considering the fact that the main thing I like about it is how it smells.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311071503440431/k2311a071/7.1.11