Huawei M750 phone  » Phones  »
1.5
  • That's why I am so disappointed with my Huawei M750 phone
  • I purchased my phone in January, and noticed after only a few days that the interface was cumbersome
  • Unfortunately, sending picture messages can be a bit of a problem for this phone
  • Then again, this could just be a carrier issue
  • If you are looking for a phone that doesn't cost much but still has plenty of functionality, take it from me -- the Huawei M750 is no bargain

• by Supermom_s Guidebook

In today’s busy world, staying connected can mean everything. Having a cell phone that helps you stay connected is a leg up on the competition, but having one that doesn’t deliver on its promises just drags you down. That’s why I am so disappointed with my Huawei M750 phone.

I purchased my phone in January, and noticed after only a few days that the interface was cumbersome. Having to push seven different buttons in order to return a call at the top of my call log? Having to take out my stylus and push five buttons just to put the ringer on silent? That’s much

more trouble, time, and concentration than it took to perform these functions on my previous phone.

Far worse is the fact that the navigation function on this phone is unreliable at best. Sometimes the function never loads at all; at others, it simply freezes partway through navigation, leaving me to find my own way to my destination.

The MP3 player is actually pretty decent, but the web browsing is horrible. Although it’s possible for me to check my facebook on my phone, I would much rather wait until I get home than to endure the two minute loading time, only to then scroll through a poorly displayed list of ...

• partial entries.

The camera is not bad (shutter delay of two full seconds aside), so long as you are planning on storing the pictures on your phone. However, the internal memory that the phone comes with is not particularly robust, so expect to spend some extra cash buying a memory card to store all your photos, MP3s, and calendar entries. Unfortunately, sending picture messages can be a bit of a problem for this phone. The messages don’t always reach the person you sent them to, and the phone doesn’t always receive messages that have been sent to it. Then again, this could just be a carrier

issue.

The one really solid thing that I can recommend about this phone is the battery life. I can carry my phone around with moderate use for about four days before I have to charge it (less if I’m having long conversations or web browsing). You have to admit that by any standard, this is impressive!

Bottom line, I don’t like using this phone. I’ve had it for almost seven months, and have been looking at upgrading for the last five. If you are looking for a phone that doesn’t cost much but still has plenty of functionality, take it from me — the Huawei M750 is no bargain!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371071503370431/k2311a071/7.1.11