Palmers Cocoa Butter Itchy Skin Soothing Oil Pump 5.1 oz.
  • I love to use a bath oil before I dry myself off from the shower
  • When I sprayed a little into my hand, I noticed the smell right away, and aborted the plan
  • It can be ‘spiced up” by adding a little essential oil of cinnamon or cardamom and I find this quite interesting
  • For itchy dry skin, I would definitely recommend it

• by reviewabit

I have skin that tends to get dry in the winter, and dry skin can sometimes be itchy. I love to use a bath oil before I dry myself off from the shower. I especially like a spray version, because it goes on more easily and does not spill, and it is easier to hold a spray bottle with one hand and spread the oil with the other than to try and pour oil into the free hand without half of it going down the drain. I have used several different spray oils in the shower, but this one caught my attention when I saw that it was labeled for itchy skin.

At the time, that is exactly what I was struggling with, as my skin

was itchy and driving me nuts during the day, even after using lotions. I have used Palmer’s cocoa butter products before and really liked them. I liked that this was in a smaller bottle, because that is easier to handle in the shower.

This is a liquid form of cocoa butter oil, and also has vitamin E, collagen and elastin, and lecithin. I put the oil in my shower and tried it out the next morning. I used a floral scented body wash that day, and this was a mistake.

I do not know why I was thinking the oil did not have a scent. It does– it smells like cocoa butter, which smells like chocolate, basically. When I sprayed a little into my ...

• hand, I noticed the smell right away, and aborted the plan.

I used the oil the next day instead, and chose a vanilla scented body wash, which coordinated much better. The oil is a little heavier than lighter oils I have used like sweet almond or sesame. This was actually a good thing, because I needed the heavier oil to stop the itching.

While still wet, I spread it over my body evenly, and had to work a little to get the slippery residue off the shower floor. After getting out, I dried my chocolate scented self off. The oil has a wonderful feel.

It actually makes a really good massage oil too, if you can deal with the chocolate smell. It can be ‘spiced up” by

adding a little essential oil of cinnamon or cardamom and I find this quite interesting. I ended up wearing a vanilla body spray to go with the chocolate.

The good news was, the oil did its job well. It did stop the itching almost from the first use. There is nothing in the actual ingredients to stop itching, but the oil and accompanying lecithin, collagen and vitamin E absorbs into the skin and nourishes so well that the cause of the itching is treated– therefore removing it.

I guess what I am trying to say is that this product will work for itching caused by dry skin, but it is not meant to treat itching caused by other things, like allergies, or insect bites. For itchy dry skin, I would definitely recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429061502680130/k2311a0629/6.29.11