La Lavande Orange Grapefruit 250gm  » Health  »
  • When my friend in the UK sends me care packages, they often contain bath products because she knows how much I love them
  • I do not know what oils the soap was made from, but if you like (saponified) coconut, palm and olive oils, it performed like those oils usually do in soap, in my experience
  • I think the soap would be appropriate for most skin types, unless you are ultra sensitive to fragrance or have extremely dry skin, in which case you would want to be using a non-soap product anyway
  • This product definitely renewed my interest in bar soap
  • This is an excellent French soap that I would highly recommend for all lovers of high-quality solid soaps

• by reviewabit

I love to use new and unusual soaps. When my friend in the UK sends me care packages, they often contain bath products because she knows how much I love them. The last bar of soap I received was the La Lavande orange grapefruit soap. Although it came from the UK, it is actually a French soap.

I had never seen the brand here, so I was thrilled to try it out. The bar was an elegant looking thing– with a bright and sunny orange color, very solid and embossed with the brand’s name and emblem. It smelled like fresh orange juice to me.

It wasn’t until I used it in the shower that the grapefruit notes revealed themselves. It has this fresh and tart note in it, but

also very sweet in contrast to the slightly bitter grapefruit. I would call it an excellent citrus interpretation.

I do not know what oils the soap was made from, but if you like (saponified) coconut, palm and olive oils, it performed like those oils usually do in soap, in my experience. It made a rich and creamy lather, and cleansed very well. It turned out to be a good “summer” soap for me.

I cannot use harsher soaps and cleansers in the winter because of dry skin, but in the summer I actually need those qualities to battle heavy sun block use and oily summer skin. I felt squeaky clean after using the soap. It rinses very easily and quickly, and you just feel exceptionally clean.

...

• Normally these types of soap dry my skin somewhat, but this one doesn’t seem to do that, at least not as much as I would have expected. It is actually very gentle. My skin feels smooth and soft after using it.

The fragrance is bright and strong while you are using the soap, but quickly diminishes after you get out of the shower, leaving just a hint of an orangey clean smell on your skin. I have found that it works well with other fragrances and does not interfere. This very solid bar will last a long time.

It is not one of those that seem to melt away after using it a few times. It does not take much to get a great lather from it, and it

is resistant even to being left wet, while some soaps turn to a pile of goo. I think the soap would be appropriate for most skin types, unless you are ultra sensitive to fragrance or have extremely dry skin, in which case you would want to be using a non-soap product anyway.

It has never caused any irritation for me at all, although I probably would only use it in the summer as my winter skin might not approve as much. This product definitely renewed my interest in bar soap. I plan on looking for their products, and if I cannot get them here, I know who can send them to me.

This is an excellent French soap that I would highly recommend for all lovers of high-quality solid soaps.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429061502650130/k2311a0629/6.29.11