Tom’s of Maine Long Lasting Natural Deodorant  » Cosmetics  »
  • Definitely reapply after the twelve hours are over though because, depending on your body of course, you will definitely notice the difference
  • All in all, I would recommend this brand if you want to find a good natural deodorant that's affordable and easy to find
  • I rarely have trouble finding Tom's in a CVS, Giant Eagle, or Wal-mart, unlike some other brands that I like

• by Alanna Rosewood

I never used to put much faith in natural deodorants without aluminum, especially since I am a very active person and I sweat a lot. I work out all the time and just thought that deodorants that weren’t also antiperspirants would be awful and ineffective. My mom gave me a whole lecture on how the aluminum in antiperspirants was a known carcinogen, especially concerning breast cancer, however, and convinced me to try natural deodorants. I have been using some form of natural deodorant ever since. So far Tom’s has been one of my preferred brands. I particularly like the apricot scent because all the other scents are very spicy and either smell more like men’s deodorant to me or like BO. I especially hate the lavender scent. The apricot is wonderful though because it’s fruity,

so I still smell like a girl, but it’s not overpowering like so many other deodorants I have used.

Surprisingly enough, I actually don’t sweat that much more without the antiperspirant. I also expected it to not last very long, but it usually lasts a full twelve hours like it’s supposed to. Definitely reapply after the twelve hours are over though because, depending on your body of course, you will definitely notice the difference. With most antiperspirants I can go all day without reapplying, but not so with natural deodorants. I usually reapply after twelve hours whether I smell at the time or not, just to be safe. It does allow your body to sweat as needed, though which is much healthier since that is how your body removes many toxins from your system. I ...

• actually seem to feel better using Tom’s rather than an antiperspirant, interestingly enough. I actually feel a little uncomfortable using antiperspirants now because I’m putting more toxins into my body rather than letting them out.

One thing that annoys me a little is that Tom’s takes forever to dry once I apply it. I don’t know if I’m supposed to just stand there with my arms in the air for a while until it dries or what, but it usually takes a good hour if I just throw on a shirt and go. And it never completely dries - it always feels a little moist (though that may simply be how it is supposed to work), it just feels a little weird sometimes. I feel like I might accidentally wipe it off and I’ll

have to reapply or something. On the upside, I have never had deodorant marks on my clothes while using this brand. I have never had that much luck with an antiperspirant brand, no matter how much they say their deodorant will leave no marks on that little black dress. Tom’s actually doesn’t, unless you slather it all over your clothes I suppose.

All in all, I would recommend this brand if you want to find a good natural deodorant that’s affordable and easy to find. I rarely have trouble finding Tom’s in a CVS, Giant Eagle, or Wal-mart, unlike some other brands that I like. If you want a little more protection from sweating, though, I would try a different on like Arm & Hammer or something, because you will still sweat with Tom’s.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129061502481230/k2311a0629/6.29.11