Day in Paradise Pet Grooming  » Pets  »
1.0
444 West Main St # 101, Mesa, AZ 85201
  • I was informed by my sister that he will definitely need to be groomed at the very least every three months

• by leezee

Granted, Shih Tzu’s are not easy to groom. That is why most owners of these pets enlist the help from a professional groomer.

I live in east Mesa and recently acquired a Shih Tzu from my sister. A sweet, albeit, feisty dog, I grew to love him as quickly as his fur grew.

I was informed by my sister that he will definitely need to be groomed at the very least every three months.

That is when I called Day in Paradise.

I set up an appointment over the phone with a super friendly associate.

The day I brought my dog, Falcor, he did NOT want to enter the doors, but that is understandable. The site was unfamiliar, he seemed stressed and worried.

We were greeted by a man, large weight-lifter type, extremely friendly, over the top kind and so I felt happy. He informed me to come back in about two hours, but if the dog was groomed before that, he’d give me a call.

I drove to a nearby mall, hung out, waited, shopped, ate. No call. I browsed through a book store,

• read a magazine, ordered a coffee, browsed. No call.

Finally I drove back to the groomer.

When I informed the front desk person, now a female, that I was there to pick up my Shih Tzu, she seemed puzzled. Eventually, I was led back to two kennels, each containing a groomed Shih Tzu. There was no paper work on the kennel as there was on the other kennels and they weren’t entirely sure which dog was mine.

The receptionist/front office gal called the groomer up to determine which dog was mine and even

she was unsure. She started giggling and said: “oh yeah! Yours is the one we left fur on the tail!”

I already knew which dog was mine. The groomer than said, “They all look so familiar!”

I picked up my dog who literally jumped out of the kennel. Paid the $25 (did not leave a tip) because his cut was choppy, the wait was closer to four hours rather than two.

And his left eye had been cut.

I will say, very friendly staff, bad grooming job. I’ll never go back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2929061502181230/k2311a0629/6.29.11