TIGI Catwalk Fashionista Volumizing Foam 6.76 oz.  » Health  »
  • I found this Tigi product on a markdown table in a salon, and gave it a try
  • When I first put it in my hair, I thought it was a bit sticky, at least while it was wet
  • Since I like to wear my hair as a “wet look” sometimes, it means I cannot use it on those days
  • It does coat the shaft of the hair well enough to add a lot of volume, and I have been pretty impressed with the results
  • These problems make the product inconvenient for me, so I can’t really recommend this one, even though it does do what it says it does

• by reviewabit

I have thinning hair, and for the last few years, I have been using various volumizing products like mousses, shampoos and sprays. I found this Tigi product on a markdown table in a salon, and gave it a try. TIGI products tend to smell nice, and this is no exception. It has a fresh, fruity smell.

When I first put it in my hair, I thought it was a bit sticky, at least while it was wet. I soon learned that it has this texture until you blow your hair dry. Since I like to wear my hair as a “wet look” sometimes, it means I cannot use it on those days.

If I allow it to dry on its own, it is a stiff and sticky mess.

The blowdryer transforms it though– into normal looking and feeling hair. It does coat the shaft of the hair well enough to add a lot of volume, and I have been pretty impressed with the results.

I like to use about a handful of the foam and spread it across the top portion of my hair first, since that is the area that is thinning and needs the most help. I use less on the ends. There seems to be a delicate balance– if I put too much on the ends, it weighs down the top, and too much on top tends to look dry and flaky after I have applied hair spray.

I have found that this product does not work well with certain hair sprays. I have no ...

• idea why, but when I use it with Paul Mitchell or Clairol hair spray, it has some sort of interaction and turns flaky, making me look like I have dandruff. Although this product does cost more than the typical drug store mainstream brands of volumizing foam, it seems to have a unique composition that works well and keeps the volume for the entire time you are wearing the product.

There are a couple of problems though, besides the interaction with hair sprays. I have noticed that if I do not wash my hair, and the product stays on for more than a day or so, two things happen. One, my scalp will itch terribly.

I will end up waking up at night with an itchy head.

I blamed my cat for this problem for three weeks, since for some reason he had decided to start sleeping on my head. After I banned him from the room at night, and washed the linens, the problem persisted.

It took me awhile to figure it out, but it was the TIGI product doing this. As long as I wash it out within twenty four hours, it seems to be ok. The other problem is the eventual build up even when I do wash it out.

I always end up using a clarifying shampoo several times in a row to get it out. These problems make the product inconvenient for me, so I can’t really recommend this one, even though it does do what it says it does.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428061502140130/k2311a0628/6.28.11