Abella Solar Shade Sun Block SPF 45  » Health  »
  • When I found out that it was also paraben free and contained aloe vera and vitamin E, I was sold
  • It doesn’t seem to bother my arms and legs, so I have no problem using it on them
  • I think it is a case of “you get what you pay for” because obviously it is not required that a product look like a thick white paste in order to work efficiently
  • I would not recommend this product for anyone with very oily skin
  • It is a good product, but it does not agree with my skin type, and it is certainly a long way from being “oil free

• by reviewabit

I have very fair skin, and also have been told that I might have mild lupus, so I have to be very diligent about using sun block to protect my skin. I have tried quite a few, and prefer the ones with higher SPF, especially for my face. I heard about the Solar Shade from a fellow patient at my doctor’s office. The main draw for me was the claim that there was no white residue at all, yet it had a high SPF of 45.

When I found out that it was also paraben free and contained aloe vera and vitamin E, I was sold. This product is silicone based, so it goes on very smoothly and and stays on the surface

of the skin as a protectant. It has the chemicals octinoxate and titanium dioxide to provide sun protection.

It also contains sunflower oil, castor oil, and vitamin A. The first thing I found out about the product is that although it will not leave any white residue on your skin, it will leave an oily film which is very shiny and obvious. If I am wearing it on my arms and legs, I don’t care so much, but I do not want that look on my face.

I tried using it on my face, and that did not go well. It was very slippery and greasy feeling to me, and although I am sure it did a great job of protecting me from the sun, it caused my ...

• summer oily skin to break out. I had about six pimples on my face just from wearing it for the one day.

I tried again several time to get the same result almost universally– a shiny look and pimples. It doesn’t seem to bother my arms and legs, so I have no problem using it on them. In fact, it feels lighter on my body than a lot of the very thick and gooey sun blocks I have used before.

I think it is a case of “you get what you pay for” because obviously it is not required that a product look like a thick white paste in order to work efficiently. I do prefer this formula to others for my body.

I was a little annoyed that the product listing I read before buying it called it “oil free” which it obviously is not, there are several oils listed right there in the ingredients list.

I would not recommend this product for anyone with very oily skin. If you have dry skin and don’t mind looking a bit shiny, I do believe it does an excellent job of protecting you from the sun. When I have worn it, I have not had any sign that I’ve been anywhere near any sun shine.

The silicone probably locks out anything and everything except for the anti-sun ingredients. It is a good product, but it does not agree with my skin type, and it is certainly a long way from being “oil free. ”

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428061502110130/k2311a0628/6.28.11