Diane Soft Touch Sectional Pelican Clips 6 ct  » Health  »
  • This can sometimes be a bit uncomfortable, and I was told it wasn’t the best idea because it could cause breakage from too much tension on the wet (and chemically tortured) hair
  • There are six in the package I bought, with two of each color in black, red, and blue
  • I like to use the red and blue ones because they are easy to see, even if stained
  • I highly recommend these very practical, big, useful clips for anyone who has long hair to contend with

• by reviewabit

I regularly color my long hair at home, and have been using jaw clips to keep it on top of my head while I wait for it to develop. This can sometimes be a bit uncomfortable, and I was told it wasn’t the best idea because it could cause breakage from too much tension on the wet (and chemically tortured) hair. When I broke the last jaw clip (I suspect it may have weakened from exposure to the chemicals!) I went looking for an alternative.

I looked in several stores and did not find anything that was not a jaw clip or was not made of metal, which I really did not want to use in case it reacted with the hair color. I finally found

this product, and it has turned out to be perfect.

Jaw clips are great for long hair but I generally used the medium size so that they were not as noticeable when I was wearing them for looks rather than coloring. These pelican clips were purchased specifically for coloring, and they are huge.

They are probably about four inches long, brightly colored and obvious. There are six in the package I bought, with two of each color in black, red, and blue.

The nice thing about the product is the texture. They have a soft, almost rubberized feel to them.

They don’t pull my hair, but they stay securely in the wet hair without clipping or sliding in a way that puts too much tension on the hair.

• I can use about two of them at a time and be sure that they will stay in until I take them out– no more jaw clip fails where my colored hair falls onto my neck and I have to do damage control!

I have also found these to be great for holding my hair up with conditioner or hot oil treatments in the shower.

I am not tempted to wear them out. As silly as it sounds, when I bought the other products, I always did so with the idea that I could use them as styling clips as well as practical clips for processing my hair.

This was a mistake. I always ended up buying them based on looks and not functionality– and these

clips are functional only.

I am not going to wear them as part of a style, because that is simply not what they are made for, and would be big and gawky looking. I have to admit, the black ones are probably the most practical, since no matter what type of hair color they get all over them, they are black so it is not going to stain them.

The other two colors do get stained and discolored pretty quickly. I like to use the red and blue ones because they are easy to see, even if stained.

I highly recommend these very practical, big, useful clips for anyone who has long hair to contend with. You will find them soft in feel but incredibly strong in use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428061502100130/k2311a0628/6.28.11