Garnier Fructis Style Conditioning GlazeSleek Shine 5.1 oz  » Health  »
  • There are several products I have used to help control the frizz and add shine, and most of them cost a lot more than this one– but this is one that is a pretty good compromise for a lower cost product
  • It does not seem to weigh down the back of my hair, and therefore does not really affect the volume over all, which has been an issue with some other products
  • Some products like this cause a build up problem in my hair
  • I have noticed a slight build up with this one but only if I have been using it for a long time without using any type of clarifying shampoo
  • For a light duty shine enhancer and frizz-control product, I definitely recommend this product

• by reviewabit

I have combination hair that can be a challenge to manage. It is pretty much normal on top, but dry and damaged and very frizzy in the back. There are several products I have used to help control the frizz and add shine, and most of them cost a lot more than this one– but this is one that is a pretty good compromise for a lower cost product.

It claims to have “micro-fruit oils” which is something I kind of rolled my eyes at. With a name like Fructis, I suppose they had to add something about fruit into the

advertising, but I do not believe that the fruit oils are the functional attraction in the product.

It is mostly a very mainstream, decidedly non-natural product, consisting of propylene glycol, castor oil, parabens, apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, linalool, and a few other choice chemical names. Although it doesn’t really seem to have the big “fruit power” connotation it suggests, the product does work.

Unlike some frizz serums and leave in conditioners, it does not feel heavy in your hair. It may also not provide quite as much shine and anti-frizz power as some, but it is a great choice for light summer styles.

Since the more normal portion of my hair in the front is thinning, I normally put a conditioner like this one only in the back. It usually works to normalize and balance the look of the two parts of my hair, which might otherwise look like they belonged to two different people.

This product gives just enough shine that it “matches” the healthier part of my hair. I can use it on wet hair for a wet look, or use tiny amounts to sleek it out after flat ironing my hair straight.

It does a pretty good ...

•   Garnier Fructis Style Conditioning GlazeSleek Shine  5.1 oz
      job of controlling frizz and flyaway if you use enough of it. It does not seem to weigh down the back of my hair, and therefore does not really affect the volume over all, which has been an issue with some other products.

It has a nice, fresh fruity smell (what a surprise!) And is relatively inexpensive– definitely a good alternative for a tight budget. Some products like this cause a build up problem in my hair.

using any type of clarifying shampoo. I have been using sulfate free shampoo lately, and I find that it doesn’t really seem to clean out and remove styling products as well as the standard detergent shampoos do.

It is a lesser problem with this product though than with many of the salon versions, so this is a lot less trouble in the long run. It is no big deal to use a clarifying shampoo once in awhile, and probably a good idea if you use a lot of products anyway.

For a light duty shine enhancer and frizz-control product, I definitely recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428061502060130/k2311a0628/6.28.11