Garnier Herbashine Haircolor 645 Copper Mahogany Brown  » Health  »
2.0
  • The last time I waited a little too long before coloring, I thought I would take a risk and try a semi-permanent
  • I bought the copper mahogany brown because I knew it was supposed to wash out in twenty eight shampoos– and I just wanted something a little redder and bolder than the color I had been using

• by reviewabit

I normally use a permanent hair color. The last time I waited a little too long before coloring, I thought I would take a risk and try a semi-permanent. I kept hearing such good things about Garnier hair color, and had used some of their other hair care products with success, so I thought it might be worth a try. The Herbashine was on sale at my usual shopping place for almost half its price, so that was a huge influence on my decision too.

This hair color product is ammonia free– and I was getting sick of smelling ammonia in the Loreal product I have been using up until then. This was also a ten minute color. At that point, I had never tried a

ten minute version, but it sure sounded appealing.

I bought the copper mahogany brown because I knew it was supposed to wash out in twenty eight shampoos– and I just wanted something a little redder and bolder than the color I had been using. I applied the hair color as directed, and it was so nice not to smell the ammonia. I did not spend the ten minutes choking and running from room to room trying to escape the smell that was on top of my head.

This product actually had a pleasant smell. There was also no burning or itching like with the ammonia products. After the ten minutes was up, I got into the shower to rinse and condition.

...

• When I came out, I thought it did not seem to have covered my grey very well. It was supposed to work if I had up to 70% grey, and I felt I was well within the right range for it to work. Blow drying my hair confirmed my suspicions.

The roots of my hair were light-reddish-grey. It was a horrible and unnatural color and of course a stark contrast to the rich brown that the rest of my hair had been colored. The portion of hair that was colored was much darker than the color on the box, but the roots were barely touched.

I was in a panic– and had to make an appointment with the hairdresser so she could fix

this mess! I was too scared to try removing the color myself at the time, since it was my first and worst hair color disaster. Fortunately, eighty dollars later, I was back to my normal color, roots and all. My hair stylist explained to me that I had resistant grey, and some people just can’t use semi-permanent color.

It would have been nice, since there was no ammonia. But, I have learned that there are permanent colors that work well without ammonia too- so I got over my fear of new products and found a great alternative eventually. I don’t want to knock this product– it might work great for some, just not for me.

I will just subtract a few points for the inconvenience I went through!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428061502050130/k2311a0628/6.28.11