Moon: Movie  » Movies  »
  • Moon is a very interesting and intriguing film that I found to be a very decent watch, if a little confusing at times
  • I thought the idea for the back story was quite good, as it’s not something I’ve seen done successfully before
  • It can be hard to grasp at times and I found it a little confusing during different bits, but once you understand you’ll see that it is a beautifully made, rather sad story
  • Kevin Spacey provides a voice-over supporting role but can’t really be seen to make any major contribution to the film in my opinion, although I am a fan of his
  • I’d recommend people give this film a shot

• by Matt

Moon is a very interesting and intriguing film that I found to be a very decent watch, if a little confusing at times.

I thought the idea for the back story was quite good, as it’s not something I’ve seen done successfully before. But the plot twists really make it into a film that you will think about for days afterwards.

you understand you’ll see that it is a beautifully made, rather sad story.

Duncan Jones, the director who also came up with the story, has created something unique that I feel a lot of people would love had it had some more exposure.

He really gives you a feel of how claustrophobic and difficult it must be to live on the moon for almost three years, and to me it seems as though this is leading to mental breakdown – if ...

• this was his intent then I have to give him great credit, as he really makes it believable.

Sam Rockwell does a sensational job as Sam Bell living on the moon, as well as his many clones. He has to act out a variety of different emotions, sometimes all at the same time, and does this without fault throughout the film.

in my opinion, although I am a fan of his.

The film can get quite intense at times, but at others you might find it a little boring to see nothing going on. All the while the film is building up to something I thought was quite powerful.

I’d recommend people give this film a shot; it’s interesting enough and can provide you with a great thought-provoking view on humanity. It won’t be for everyone but I’d give it a chance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1128061501930130/k2311a0628/6.28.11