Taken: Movie
  • Taken is one of the best movies that I saw last year, and certainly one of my favourites of the thriller genre
  • I thought that the storyline progressed at a great pace, once Bryan Mills lands in Paris it’s a non-stop thriller with a good dialogue to it
  • I think that the director, Pierre Morel, deservers a lot of credit for this
  • He really takes you on a journey with Bryan and you can experience every turn of emotion that he does
  • Overall I’d recommend this for anyone who loves a good thriller movie

• by Matt

Taken is one of the best movies that I saw last year, and certainly one of my favourites of the thriller genre.

The plot of a kidnapping or of a heroic dad rescuing his daughter is nothing new, but the script really makes it into something special.

I thought that the storyline progressed at a great pace, once Bryan Mills lands in Paris it’s a non-stop thriller with a good dialogue to it.

I think that the director, Pierre Morel, deservers a lot

of credit for this. He really takes you on a journey with Bryan and you can experience every turn of emotion that he does. He also does as excellent job of creating an incredibly tense atmosphere without the use of sounds.

The kidnapping scene is my favourite, to use that word again, it is one of the tensest that you will see in a film. The fact that it is all going on whilst the camera watches from another room gives ...

• it a great sense of realism and for me that is always something that is important.

I have to say, I thought the film ended very suddenly though. Others might disagree but the ending kind of crepped up on me. There were too few scenes after the daughter has been rescued and I would like to have seen more emotional reaction the fact that she was now safe.

Liam Neeson does a brilliant job and exquisitely produces my favourite line in the

movie, when he’s talking to the kidnapper on the phone.

Maggie Grace does a good job as his daughter, and her acting when she was witnessing the kidnapping was very believable. The film however doesn’t take you to her point of view, for which I praise the writers, so she isn’t seen too much throughout the middle act.

Overall I’d recommend this for anyone who loves a good thriller movie. The acting is good, the plot is good and the direction is excellent,

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1128061501910130/k2311a0628/6.28.11