Virgin Atlantic Upper Class  » Airlines  »
  • I had chosen to eat breakfast at the onboard bar instead of at my seat, and I believe this is the better way to do it
  • Overall really enjoyed the product on the outbound flight
  • On the return flight, I had another good experience
  • However, th issue of the seat needing to be somewhat upright or fully flat was masked by the fact that you could put your feet up on the stool which was in front of you
  • However, overall I would say that I was pleased with Virgin's Upper Class product and would definitely fly it again

• by reviewer75858279

Virgin Atlantics Upper Class is a unique business class product, with many upsides and a few flaws. I flew round trip across the Atlantic (BOS-LHR and return). On the outbound flight Virgin offered a meal before the flight in the lounge which was fantastic.

They had numerous options and the food was all great. This gave me the ability to get on the plane and go right to sleep (since it was a red eye).

The bed on Virgin is weird, since you have to get out of the seat in order for the flight attendant to convert your seat to a bed. However it only takes a few seconds so it

is not that big of a hastle.

The flight attendants then put down a thin mattress pad and give you a duvet and a pillow. The bed was a little hard, but seeing that you are on an airplane it is pretty comfortable.

Also, the way they make the bed gives you a lot of space to sleep. After sleeping nearly the entire flight, I wa awoken when they started serving breakfast.

I had chosen to eat breakfast at the onboard bar instead of at my seat, and I believe this is the better way to do it. I walked over to the bar had a breakfast sandwich and a coffee, and ...

• then when I returned to my seat it had been converted back from a bed to a seat.

Overall really enjoyed the product on the outbound flight.

On the return flight, I had another good experience.

My only complaint was that the seat does not recline more than about 45 degrees, so I could not recline to the extent that I wanted to. I could have chosen to convert it to a bed, but that was more than I wanted in terms of recline.

stool which was in front of you. So it took a little while to get find the right position to be comfortabe, but in the end I was able to get into a relaxing position.

My only other complaint is that because I needed to put my feet up on the stool to be comfortable (I am 6 feet tall), it made it difficult to pull out my tray table at the same time as I was in a lounging position. So in order to eat a meal I had to sit upright.

However, overall I would say that I was pleased with Virgin’s Upper Class product and would definitely fly it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4028061501870130/k2311a0628/6.28.11