War of the Worlds: Movie
  • War of the Worlds is one of my favourite alien invasion films
  • Overall, I’d recommend this film to anyone with a love for alien invasion type cinema
  • It has a decent plot, some great effects and I believe that the story is told really well

• by Matt

War of the Worlds is one of my favourite alien invasion films; I thought it was really well made.

Besides having all the ingredients to make a got alien picture, such as the budget, the actors and the CGI; they also managed to capture what I find to be rather important in these types of movies – human emotion in the face of the possible extinction of the human race.

As well as all

the special effects and decent storyline, they were able to make this family (Ray, Rachel and Robbie Ferrier) seem believable and realistic.

Although many films of this genre are quite similar, this one stands out for me because it focuses on one family instead of a number of different people. This meant that wherever they went, we were seeing for the first time what they were seeing and I liked that element of surprise.

With Steven Spielberg directing this was always expected to be a hit, and for me he didn’t disappoint. Both in his character development - particularly the characters of Ray and his son Robbie – and his visual effects provided me with a very entertaining film.

We don’t actually see much of the aliens from close-up, or from a variety of different angles. This might bother some, but personally I loved the fact that ...

• War of the Worlds: Movie
      everything was told from the point of view of this family. They were completely oblivious as to what was going on elsewhere in the world, as we the viewers are too.

I liked the fact that there were no scenes of the president meeting with his staff and deciding to blow up the aliens, as is typical in every film of this kind.

As you would expect, Tom Cruise does a good job as

the dad desperately trying to protect his two kids. One of which is played by Dakota Fanning, who at such a young age does a remarkable job at displaying the human emotions in the eye of death.

Overall, I’d recommend this film to anyone with a love for alien invasion type cinema. It has a decent plot, some great effects and I believe that the story is told really well. Definitely worth a watch in my opinion.

serene says :

It remarks me here how the alien died,because the merging of the humans blood and the environment of nature.

Katherine says :

This movie it was one the first movies I watched with Dakota Fanning, and I just loved it I was scared, worried and I just didn’t want aliens to kill her. Tom Cruise did an amazing job here and the plot was very good For me it was not a boring movie, even the quiet parts were well thought and performed so I was never quiet, it was good entertainment and special effects were insane too. The aliens terrified me because they were really intelligent and knew when someone was hiding. It was also interesting to see how humans instead of helping each other they try to destroy the other person and in the end it’s stupid because aliens will kill you anyway. I wanna watch it again because it’s one of those movies that are for one time but they are soo good you wanna watch it for the first time many times and have the same initial feelings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1128061501670130/k2311a0628/6.28.11