CHI Keratin Mist Leave-In Strengthening Treatment 12 oz  » Health  »
  • When my hairdresser talked me into buying some CHI products for my hair, I bought this one to go along with them
  • I’ve used several of these ingredients in other products, and found it odd that nettle was included, as I thought that was mostly used to manage oily hair in products– but I could be mistaken
  • I don’t avoid all the “questionable” ingredients, but I do try to somewhat limit my exposure to them
  • Telling them apart from the scams is the problem– but that’s what reviews are for
  • I would recommend it to anyone, especially because it is also very affordable

• by reviewabit

When my hairdresser talked me into buying some CHI products for my hair, I bought this one to go along with them. I have weird combination hair that is dry at the ends and normal on top. I mostly got this product for the dry and frizzy ends, which I flat iron on a regular basis. I was told this product would help repair some of the damage, protect from the heat of styling, and strengthen the hair in general as well as condition it.

It has some natural ingredients in it, although it is strictly a mainstream product. It has rose water, (in fact this is listed first in the ingredients, suggesting it is actually mostly rose water) silk amino acids, wheat protein, panthenol, urea, nettle,

chamomile, algae, aloe vera leaf juice, and lavender extract. I’ve used several of these ingredients in other products, and found it odd that nettle was included, as I thought that was mostly used to manage oily hair in products– but I could be mistaken.

It does have some paraben based preservatives, if you are concerned about those. Since I am not using it on my scalp, that didn’t worry me. I don’t avoid all the “questionable” ingredients, but I do try to somewhat limit my exposure to them.

When I first started using the spray, I remembered the warning not to expect a miracle over night. This is a product that works over time. If it had been outrageously expensive, I probably would have balked at that,

• since often I feel that “it works over time” is a way to just get you to buy more and more of a useless product.

This isn’t really fair, since some things genuinely do work over time. Telling them apart from the scams is the problem– but that’s what reviews are for!

When I first used the spray, my hair felt silky and soft as soon as I put it on. It was not as slippery feeling as some leave in conditioners.

It actually reminded me a bit of the old Infusium protein treatments I used in the eighties. It is a liquid product, very watered down, but still quite effective at conditioning and silkening your hair. It does not seem to add body, but does not detract

from it either.

It provides some mild detangling, but is not the best choice if that is your main purpose for using it. I believe it does protect my hair, as I have seen good results and no apparent damage since I have been using it. It works well with other products, and also works well as a ‘refresher” spray when you don’t want to add something sticky like hair spray for a during the day “touch up.

” Over time, I do think it has had a positive impact on my hair. I believe it is a good basic leave in treatment, and is great as a light conditioner and protectant for any type of hair. I would recommend it to anyone, especially because it is also very affordable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427061501450130/k2311a0627/6.27.11