Amino Genesis Therapeutic Facial Repair 1.7 o  » Health  »
2.0
  • I decided to try the Amino Genesis after reading some very encouraging information about them in a health related magazine
  • It is also supposed to help to regulate sebaceous gland activity, which is helpful for me since in the summer I can sometimes get acne breakouts, which often cause me to avoid using intense moisturizers
  • There are, unfortunately some paraben preservatives included in the mix
  • I have used other products where there was at least some noticeable effects, and I paid less for them

• by reviewabit

z

I have been trying various anti-aging products since turning forty, and noticing a few fine ines around my eyes and cheeks. I have been under the impression that the right moisturizer is essential and have been trying different combinations of products ranging from drugstore brands to expensive cosmetic department brands. I decided to try the Amino Genesis after reading some very encouraging information about them in a health related magazine. I chose the Amino Genesis brand from reading other reviews and testimonies.

The idea behind the product is the seventeen amino acids it contains. They are supposed to defend against the environment, bacteria, and free radicals. Amino acids are said to be the that the skin retains moisture, and by plumping up the moisture content of the skin, reducing

the appearance of fine lines.

They also help the skin to produce collagen and elastin, which gives the appearance of younger skin. It is also supposed to help to regulate sebaceous gland activity, which is helpful for me since in the summer I can sometimes get acne breakouts, which often cause me to avoid using intense moisturizers. The cream is to be applied twice daily, morning and night.

The basic ingredients seem to be the amino acids themselves, glycerin and urea. There are, unfortunately some paraben preservatives included in the mix. The feel of the product is light and non-greasy.

In fact, it was lighter than I expected- I do not feel it is quite moisturizing enough to handle my skin’s dryness in the winter. In the summer,

• it is just about right and I have no worries of it causing a breakout. The product has a perfumey floral scent, which is pleasant, but I wish it were a little lighter as it could compete with other products I am wearing.

The effects of the product, after using it for two weeks, were not very impressive. Since it is not really seem to moisturize well on its own, I added another moisture cream on top of it, which seemed to at least keep my face from being dry. When I first put the product on, it seemed to have a slight tightening effect on the skin, and with that came a look of reduced pores, which I was very happy about.

However, within an hour or

so, this effect went away. After using it for three weeks I decided it was not doing anything, and was not worth the money when I had to use another product along side it to moisturize and still it was not making any significant difference in the appearance of my skin, at least not a permanent one. My fine lines looked exactly as they did before, and there was no change in the texture or feel of my skin.

I have used other products where there was at least some noticeable effects, and I paid less for them. This might be a good product for maintaining ones skin, if they happen to have very oily skin and cannot use heavy moisturizers. For me, the amino acids just didn’t work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427061501380130/k2311a0627/6.27.11