Shrek Forever (movie)  » Movies  »
  • It’s the fourth Shrek film, and even though I didn’t get the idea that it was as popular as the other movies, I thought that it was every bit as fun and hilarious
  • One of my absolute favourite parts of the movie was where Shrek was at the Triplets’ birthday party, and a little boy kept telling him to do the roar and he finally gave in
  • It seemed a little more complex this time than the previous movies, but I thought that it was extremely interesting, and like the previous ones, also gave fairytale characters such as Rumpelstiltskin a modern and comedic twist as well
  • Nevertheless, I recommend Shrek Forever to people who liked the previous films

• by Redtape

I totally forgot about this Shrek movie until my brother reminded me about it some time ago. It’s the fourth Shrek film, and even though I didn’t get the idea that it was as popular as the other movies, I thought that it was every bit as fun and hilarious.

The movie is set after the fairytale’s “Happily ever after” where Shrek and Fiona are married with children and live in a comfortable little house. At first, Shrek seems fairly content,

until the routine and nostalgia for his old life as an ogre begins to get to him. Fast forward several more minutes and we see Shrek signing a contract with the devious Rumpelstiltskin who says he can get to be a scary ogre for a day. However, Shrek soon finds out what it really means to sign a contract without reading it first, and finds himself trying to win Fiona’s heard again and getting the Land of Far Far Away ...

• back to what it was before.

One of my absolute favourite parts of the movie was where Shrek was at the Triplets’ birthday party, and a little boy kept telling him to do the roar and he finally gave in.

I also liked the animation, which I thought was just as good as the previous movies. I generally tend to prefer the traditional 2D animation myself, but as usual, I thought that this was great.

Another thing that I loved was the

plot. It seemed a little more complex this time than the previous movies, but I thought that it was extremely interesting, and like the previous ones, also gave fairytale characters such as Rumpelstiltskin a modern and comedic twist as well.

As for whether “Shrek Forever” can be watched by young children without parental supervision, it has quite a bit of violence in it. However, I don’t remember much mature themes or mature language.

Nevertheless, I recommend Shrek Forever to people who liked the previous films.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127061501310130/k2311a0627/6.27.11