Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss by Cacharel (perfume)  » Perfume  »
2.5
  • I do adore my job in a perfume store as testing out fragrances is my passion so it is fantastic to be paid to do something that I love
  • It is an interesting flacon in the fact the glass is a deep red/black in colour whilst the shape is quite sedate in an upright standing and curved towards the neck manner
  • Well I must admit my first impressions were that though the bottle is very attractive, it seems to be let down greatly by the lettering and the rose sketch which seem out of place and unnecessary in my opinion
  • The first notes that I became aware of we most definitely those of the pink pepper variety
  • Though it's a nice enough scent I found that it just wasn't what I expected as I was hoping for something more alluring and sexier and this isn't

• by Ticktock

I do adore my job in a perfume store as testing out fragrances is my passion so it is fantastic to be paid to do something that I love. I recently came across a new fragrance which is due to be launched imminently called Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss by Cacharel.

If the name sounds familiar it’s because Amor Amor by Cacharel is a very famous fragrance that was launched a few years ago - 2003 to be precise and though there has been other “Amor Amor fragrances since, this is an eagerly anticipated addition to the family.

What caught my eye immediately about this was the striking bottle. It is an interesting flacon in the fact the glass is a deep red/black in colour whilst the shape is quite sedate in an upright standing and curved towards the neck manner.

This comes in an EDT format and has a distinctive looking nozzle placed directly on top of the bottle which is very easy to depress.

On the front of

the bottle is a sketch of two red roses that are seemingly dripping (with blood?) whilst the logo is in a calligraphy style font underneath in white.

The whole appearance has a darkness to it that reminds of of the supernatural and the whole vampire genre though whether this is intentional is beyond me.

The fragrance is made up of the following notes:

Top notes: *Pink pepper **Grapefruit ***Mandarin

The heart comprises of: *Coffee **Frangipani

Whilst this lies on a base of: *White musk **Dense vanilla

My thoughts on using this then? Well I must admit my first impressions were that though the bottle is very attractive, it seems to be let down greatly by the lettering and the rose sketch which seem out of place and unnecessary in my opinion.

I did really like the nozzle area that has like a sliver loop in front of where the liquid emits and though simple, is actually a very interesting feature that makes it eye catching.

On spritzing this onto my pulse ...

• points I was quite surprised at how light it first appeared to come across. Given the fact that Cacharel are trying to make this out to be a dark perfume it actually had a smell the complete opposite to this.

The first notes that I became aware of we most definitely those of the pink pepper variety. On first spraying this they seemed more distant and demure but after a few minutes the scent intensified and almost made me sneeze!

Afterwards it was the turn of the grapefruit to be noticed and I must admit I did quite like the added tang that was there because of this note though it slightly emasculated it as well unfortunately.

The heart of coffee luckily doesn’t come across as too strong and I am very glad as it is a scent that makes me feel quite nauseous at times but it lingered in the background and was overshadowed luckily by the beautifully placed frangipani which stole the show.

The fragrance ends on

a very light note with hints of white musk and vanilla. Though it’s supposed to be dense vanilla all I could detect was a subtle aroma but it mingled fantastically with the white musk and left a very warm and sweet aroma.

I would say this is a lovely gift if it was to be bought as a birthday or Christmas present, but it’s maybe not something I would go out and buy myself. The reason being it is promoted via it’s packaging as being dark and sexy whilst really it is nothing at all like that and if anything is light and floral. Though it’s a nice enough scent I found that it just wasn’t what I expected as I was hoping for something more alluring and sexier and this isn’t.

It isn’t strong enough for evening wearing in my opinion but may make a nice general daytime scent for women aged twenty plus.

Nice yes, but not one I would be likely to buy or even wear again in the future unless it was a gift of course.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5627061501300130/k2311a0627/6.27.11