ThinkPad T60 15 inch laptop  » Laptops  »
  • I like how it can not only light the keyboard but anything, like a document, that you put over the keyboard
  • I think this is for fit and protection when you close the laptop with the screen over the keyboard
  • However, my friends have commented on it and I agree with them that a nice laptop should not have this ugly border
  • Theft has been a major problem at my school, even in libraries where there are many witnesses
  • I know if you drop some liquid on top of a MacBook or another brand name PC laptop, it will fry the circuits underneath

• by wickeddude12

This was my first laptop and I have had fond memories of it. One of the biggest pros is that it is a Windows laptop. The compatibility with Windows allows for much compatibility in software, especially those online that I download so much. The shortcuts are all there which I have been familiar with since childhood as I have always only had a PC.

Light Analogous to the light that illuminates a MacBook Pro keyboard from beneath, the ThinkPad’s light comes from above, where a webcam would usually be found. I like how it can not only light the keyboard but anything, like a document, that you put over the keyboard. It is a little dark, but it was cool to me at first.

Keyboard The keyboard is a beast; it will hold up to anything without keys popping off and getting lost. You can also easily replace the keyboard whenever you need to and even order one off of

EBay. There is much feedback on the keys while they are light to depress with your fingers.

Body The body is made of plastic which will protect against any shocks. This made my laptop dent free. I have heard stories that people have dropped their ThinkPad only to have it work and boot up immediately. This is a huge pro against Apple’s aluminum bodies which can even get dents in the lamest of hits and shocks.

The cover is made of this material that has lots of traction. It also prevents aesthetic damage done to the top of the laptop. There is also great traction on the bottom of the laptop. It has never slid off a table or something.

Aesthetics This notebook is not meant to look pretty like Apple’s MacBook. It comes in black only and the border of the monitor is not the most attractive. It has this strange border that looks like a groove ...

• and sticks out. I think this is for fit and protection when you close the laptop with the screen over the keyboard. However, my friends have commented on it and I agree with them that a nice laptop should not have this ugly border. However, my rebuttal is that it makes the laptop more secure.

Battery The battery life is not the most impressive. On the regular sized battery, the charge can last about 3 to 4 hours, whilst the 9 cell battery that juts out and makes the laptop a bit heavier will extend it another 2-3 hours. It works, but I think a boost in battery life would make it a more attractive laptop.

Safety It also has a slot for a Kensington lock which is extremely helpful if you want to leave your laptop in a public area without fear. Theft has been a major problem at my school, even in libraries where there are many witnesses.

It is really easy to see something go in a matter of minutes of absence. Therefore, this lock slot and a suitable lock are essential for keeping your ThinkPad safe.

There is also a drainage system beneath the keyboard that will drain any liquid that happens to fall on your keyboard. It will drain to a hole underneath the laptop. How cool is that?! I know if you drop some liquid on top of a MacBook or another brand name PC laptop, it will fry the circuits underneath. The result is that you have to get a new keyboard professionally installed. Even if the ThinkPad’s keyboard breaks, you can easily replace the keyboard yourself quickly and for a much cheaper price.

Cons This laptop is kind of heavy when compared to a 13 or 12 inch laptop. I have used a ThinkPad laptop of such a size that is sooo much lighter. However, for a laptop this size, you cannot really get that much lighter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6327061501241230/k2311a0627/6.27.11