The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski (The Witcher Saga)  » Books  »
  • The idea itself is not new but the way it is presented is very interesting and unique
  • I must admit that this was an entertaining read too - I enjoyed every page of it, though I did like the first one just a bit more
  • Anyway, I would recommend this book to everyone - even if you aren't a die-hard fantasy fan,I am sure you will still like it - because it is horribly realistic and very funny

• by PolinaGaneva

The Witcher saga, as I said in a previous review, consists of two short story collections and five novels, each dealing with tales of the witcher Geralt of Rivia and his companions. The Witchers, in Sapkowski’s written world, are genetically enhanced monster slayers who are hired for money to kill the beasts that horrify the peaceful citizens. The idea itself is not new but the way it is presented is very interesting and unique.

“The Last

Wish” is the second short story collection, which came out in 1993 in Poland, an year after the first one - “Sword of Destiny”. It is, like the first one, a collection of modified tales and myths.The great research of Sapkowski in that area astounds me - he must have worked really hard to collect the information and then present it in a unique way.

I must admit that this was an entertaining read too - ...

• I enjoyed every page of it, though I did like the first one just a bit more. The writing style of Sapkowski is great and the way he describes the events couldn’t be more vivid and touching. Also, we get to know Geralt, the protagonist, better as he faces new challenges and finds himself in different sticky situations.

I particularly like this one story called “The lesser evil” - it is about the choice we sometimes

have to make - between the bad thing and the very bad thing. I enjoyed it a lot because I was going through a hard time with the same particular problem at that moment and I could really relate to the dilemma of the character.

Anyway, I would recommend this book to everyone - even if you aren’t a die-hard fantasy fan,I am sure you will still like it - because it is horribly realistic and very funny.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1727061501231230/k2311a0627/6.27.11