Andrej Sapkowski - The Sword Of Destiny book
  • The idea itself, I believe, is not new but the way it is presented is very interesting and unique
  • But what's more, it is definitely worth reading
  • I like the first one, I think it is a strong start of an equally strong saga

• by PolinaGaneva

The Witcher saga consists of two short story collections and five novels, each dealing with tales of the witcher Geralt of Rivia and his companions. The Witchers, in Sapkowski’s written world, are genetically enhanced monster slayers who are hired for money to kill the beasts that horrify the peaceful citizens. The idea itself, I believe, is

not new but the way it is presented is very interesting and unique.

Sapkowski has a fresh sense of humor and an uncommon way of picturing a fantasy realm. Who would’ve thought that fantasy and short stories go this well together? The usual model for a fantasy work is at least a 700-page trilogy filled with epic battles and creatures.

But Sapkowski’s world is a bit different - it is realistic and I got genuinely interested in the fate of the characters, and this says a lot as I rarely get too involved with what I read.

So “The Sword of Destiny” is a collection of modified tales and myths, interlaced with the main character’s ...

• Andrej Sapkowski - The Sword Of Destiny book
      adventures. Some of them you may notice right away while reading, others are not so popular but still very interesting. I can imagine that the author did a lot of research before writing the tales.

The more recognizable stories somehow resemble “Beauty and the beast”, “Snow white” and many more. It is still an entertaining read s

it has monsters and princesses but beware - the latter can fight and kill.

Everything in this book is interesting. But what’s more, it is definitely worth reading. I like the first one, I think it is a strong start of an equally strong saga. Yet I must admit I liked the first one the most.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1727061501211230/k2311a0627/6.27.11