127 Hours: Movie  » Movies  »
  • I found that up until the point where Aron got stuck, we didn’t really have a feel for his character
  • I’m not sure if this was intended or not, but if it wasn’t and we were supposed to have formed some kind of opinion by them then I think that’s a (small) failure on behalf of the director
  • His character goes a little crazy, which I enjoyed viewing as it made the film more entertaining, and was even funny at points too – despite being stuck on his own
  • I’d recommend this film for anyone who loves a very rewarding, heart warming movie that successfully stretches human emotion to the very edge, and shows the power of human survival in the eye of danger

• by Matt

127 Hours is a film I thoroughly enjoyed upon first viewing, but I’m not quite sure it is a film that can be watched on repeat.

I liked the fact that it was based on a true story and loved the story itself; it’s such a testament to the man involved, and to the instinct of human survival.

I found that up until the point where Aron got stuck, we didn’t really have a feel for his character.

I’m not sure if this was intended or not, but if it wasn’t and we were supposed to have formed some kind of opinion by them then I think that’s a (small) failure on behalf of the director.

However, the scenes of Aron stuck down the crack in the rock were something else. James Franco, playing the lead role, did a fantastic job of showing all the different emotions as a man has to come to accept ...

• he may not survive.

His character goes a little crazy, which I enjoyed viewing as it made the film more entertaining, and was even funny at points too – despite being stuck on his own.

Despite what I said earlier, I think Danny Boyle did a fantastic job directing for the most part. I think you can tell that he and James had a lot of discussions about how the character would react to various things over the

127 hours that he was stuck.

I also feel that the ending was, for a start, very rewarding. I always knew what the outcome would be but you can’t prepare yourself for the emotion you, as the viewer, go through in the final scenes.

I’d recommend this film for anyone who loves a very rewarding, heart warming movie that successfully stretches human emotion to the very edge, and shows the power of human survival in the eye of danger.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127061501091230/k2311a0627/6.27.11