Thor: Movie  » Movies  »
  • Thor is a movie I went into with some pessimism, but came out pleasantly surprised and see it as one of my favourite movies of 2011
  • Another comic-book adaption, I thought Thor’s story was very well developed and can be seen as an entertaining viewing for children and adults alike
  • The director was an interesting choice, I thought
  • In conclusion, I’d recommend this film to anyone who enjoys superhero movies such as Iron Man
  • It’s a rather unique superhero hero movie given Thor’s origins, but I found it to be just as entertaining as most superhero movies around

• by Matt

Thor is a movie I went into with some pessimism, but came out pleasantly surprised and see it as one of my favourite movies of 2011.

Another comic-book adaption, I thought Thor’s story was very well developed and can be seen as an entertaining viewing for children and adults alike.

Firstly, we have the theme of family which I always find to be incredibly important in a film, and Thor’s demonstration of this theme was good. I liked the sibling rivalry

between Thor and Loki and them competing for their fathers (Odin) approval.

A fantasy characters adaption to earth as we know it is usually one I take an interest in, and I thought it was very good for them to include numerous takes of comedy through this process.

Chris Hemsworth plays the role of Thor very well, combining a powerful god with a sometimes-comedic role can be quite difficult, but he managed to pull it off.

Then there was the great supporting ...

• cast including Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman, who were both very good in their roles even if they weren’t really given the chance to shine. I don’t know if this was down to the script or direction, but I feel that as two fantastic actors they could have had a little more screen time.

Although I suppose with Thor being the main character, this couldn’t be helped in some parts.

The director was an interesting choice, I thought; Kenneth Branagh

is mostly known for his Shakespearean roles, so it was odd to see him attached to such a project.

Nonetheless, his work was excellent as he combined a good, fantasy story with a bit of comic relief and a few good action sequences.

In conclusion, I’d recommend this film to anyone who enjoys superhero movies such as Iron Man. It’s a rather unique superhero hero movie given Thor’s origins, but I found it to be just as entertaining as most superhero movies around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127061501071230/k2311a0627/6.27.11