Avatar: Movie  » Movies  »
  • I thought Avatar was a fantastic film, fully meeting my expectations and then some with its brilliantly produced content
  • It is the films special effects that have been praised more than anything, and I have to agree with the general consensus when I say that James Cameron has done a fantastic
  • The planet of Pandora is one of beauty and the different species that inhabit it are all extremely interesting
  • To conclude, I would recommend this film to anyone really
  • I think the revolutionary visual scale that this movie has reached is something for all to see, even if you don’t enjoy the movie I think it’s always good to pick out movies that changed the future of cinema

• by Matt

I thought Avatar was a fantastic film, fully meeting my expectations and then some with its brilliantly produced content.

It is the films special effects that have been praised more than anything, and I have to agree with the general consensus when I say that James Cameron has done a fantastic.

He has created an entire fantasy world in his own mind, and made it come to life

on the big screen in ways we didn’t think possible.

It is a very, very pleasing movie to look at. The planet of Pandora is one of beauty and the different species that inhabit it are all extremely interesting. In this respect, I would compare it to something such as Star Wars.

But aside from being visually effective, I also want a movie to have a good storyline to keep my interest and effective characters too.

Again, I wasn’t to be disappointed. The storyline isn’t the most unique but it’s something I haven’t seen quite on this scale before, with humans becoming the “alien” invaders.

The film involves the typical love story that I thought was ok, if not truly revolutionary, but it also contains a lot of action and fantasy as it is, effectively, about ...

• Avatar: Movie
      a war.

The characters are likeable enough, if not amazingly so, as the actors did a very good job. Sam Worthington plays Jake Sully, and plays the main character to good effect. You really believe it what he believes in, and are taken on his journey through the lands of Pandora.

Sigourney Weaver and Stephen Lang play good supporting roles in their own respects, although not really stealing

the show. Michelle Rodriguez also plays her part as another butch female as she is so often portrayed.

To conclude, I would recommend this film to anyone really. I think the revolutionary visual scale that this movie has reached is something for all to see, even if you don’t enjoy the movie I think it’s always good to pick out movies that changed the future of cinema.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127061501061230/k2311a0627/6.27.11