Fight Club: Movie  » Movies  »
  • I found its portrayal of a psychologically disturbed human being very interesting
  • The film gets a little confusing at times and is not the easiest to follow, but I think viewers were rewarded at the end with the eventual outcome of the narrator’s actions
  • This film is a little crazy, and won’t be for everyone, but I believe that the excellent writing, direction and acting make this film a must see for all lovers of cinema

• by Matt

Fight Club is a brilliant movie; I found its portrayal of a psychologically disturbed human being very interesting.

The storyline in itself is quite good, but you’re never quite sure of where it is going until a major twist is revealed towards the end. But even with this lack of knowledge, you’re still gripped by the content that’s on the screen.

David

Fincher does an incredible job of directing. When you see the twist, which was fantastically written in itself, you’ll see just how good he was at building you up to that moment.

He manages to capture the psychologically disturbed with excellent directing, and creates scenes of great intensity, particularly in the scenes within the Fight Club and the infamous ‘Fight Club Rules.’

The acting was also something to behold; Edward Norton, who plays an unnamed narrator, keeps you gripped with his emotional rollercoaster’s through a variety of different events.

Brad Pitt was also, as you would expect, stunning. Although not portrayed as the “main” character, he really does stand out with a sensational performance, especially considering the role that he had.

Helena Bonham ...

• Fight Club: Movie
      Carter is another who gives a faultless performance, and this consistency of almost perfect performances throughout the cast is, for me, where the film really excels.

The movie contains a lot of violence, as the title would suggest, and some small-time sexual content too, but if this sort of thing doesn’t bother you then they compliment the scenes extremely well.

The film

gets a little confusing at times and is not the easiest to follow, but I think viewers were rewarded at the end with the eventual outcome of the narrator’s actions.

This film is a little crazy, and won’t be for everyone, but I believe that the excellent writing, direction and acting make this film a must see for all lovers of cinema.

Lyz Frerking says :

re : I found its portrayal of a psychologically disturbed human being very interesting
Fight Club is supposed to be satire. I know that, but not everyone knows that. Some people take it too seriously. The fact that we don’t know that the narrator is psychologically disturbed until the end makes him more relatable. When we find out about the character’s schizophrenia/personal disorder at the end, it makes us question the seriousness of his ideals. This makes us question our own ideals of anarchy and etc. if we were rooting for him the whole time. What is the point of making us question our ideals? I like to think it’s a matter of choosing what ideals to follow carefully.

Dimitris Fragoulis says :

re : This film is a little crazy, and won’t be for everyone, but I believe that the excellent writing, direction and acting make this film a must see for all lovers of cinema
I partially agree since this film is beyond little crazy. In that, humans appear provocative, fearless and immune not only to physical but also psychological pain.

quick note by anonymous :

Brilliant movie about a man’s subconscious realization and reaction to the corrupt system and the flaws of society.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127061501051230/k2311a0627/6.27.11