Toshiba Satellite M645-S4114 laptop
  • After reading several tech-related websites, I decided on buying a Toshiba laptop as the brand was known for sturdy laptops
  • The Harman Kardon speakers provided a much richer listening experience than the usual run-of-the-mill speakers

• by ReviewRabbit

After my old laptop started freezing, I started thinking that it was time to shop for a new laptop. After reading several tech-related websites, I decided on buying a Toshiba laptop as the brand was known for sturdy laptops. I got the Toshiba Satellite M645-S4114 as it was within my budget, without sacrificing the specs that I wanted.

Upon looking at it for the first time, I was blown away by its sleek packaging. While other

laptops often use a glossy finish, this Toshiba Satellite had a textured finish that really brought out its gunmetal grey color. It still had that shiny appearance without having to suffer the constant pain of fingerprint marks. Even the trackpad area had a slight textured finish but that took some time to get used to.

While the Toshiba Satellite is a thing of beauty, it also provides a hefty punch in terms of specs. It boasts ...

• of having the Intel Core i5 processor, which easily handles my graphic design projects. The Harman Kardon speakers provided a much richer listening experience than the usual run-of-the-mill speakers. I particularly like the fact that Toshiba included a laptop monitor function that lets you track the temperature and power usage of the laptop (easily avoiding overheating). The hard drive even has sensors that protects the hard drive from sudden movement.

My only gripe with the laptop

would have to be the webcam. For a laptop that has such great features, it was really disappointing to see that the webcam was subpar. Testing it on videochat, the image was very grainy and had a pale green overlay.

That one gripe aside, the Toshiba Satellite M645-S4114 is a great laptop, especially for its price. It can easily handle the basic computing needss (web browsing, word processing) and the more user-heavy ones (graphic design, gaming).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6327061501021230/k2311a0627/6.27.11