Crystal Essence Pomegranate Mineral Deodorant Body Spray 4 oz  » Health  »
  • Ever since I learned about the aluminum in most antiperspirant products causing an increased cancer risk, I have been looking for a natural alternative
  • I tried the spray out by using it on my arms, legs, torso and anywhere I thought it might benefit me to have some gentle odor control
  • As far as wearing it outdoors, the little bit of stickiness was not an issue for me since I was used to always wearing the other products
  • I think there was definitely less odor than there normally was
  • I would definitely recommend this as a general mineral deodorant– but not as an underarm product

• by reviewabit

Ever since I learned about the aluminum in most antiperspirant products causing an increased cancer risk, I have been looking for a natural alternative. I have found a few that work moderately well, but none that are good enough to replace the standard mainstream products I have been using for years, like Secret. My mother and great grandmother both had breast cancer, and since the lymph nodes happen to be in the same spot where you put the deodorant, I can see where it would be a particular risk for women to use these potentially toxic products.

I have used a few Crystal Essence products in the past, and upon finding that I was not happy with how they handled odor, and since they don’t handle wetness at all,

I quickly disregarded them and gave most of them away to friends or family. This product was sitting on the shelf and I happened to be looking at something completely unrelated when it caught my eye.

It was a simple matter of thinking “I wonder what their idea of pomegranate smells like” that made me pick it up out of curiosity. I opened it to see, and I liked the way it smelled so much that I talked myself into buying it.

Although I did not in any way expect it to work as an underarm deodorant, the unusual though occurred to me that armpits were more capable of producing odor than most parts of the body, but that did not mean that this spray might not work to deodorize other ...

• parts well. It was summer, and there were a lot of hot sweaty days of working in the yard ahead.

I tried the spray out by using it on my arms, legs, torso and anywhere I thought it might benefit me to have some gentle odor control. I did this on a yard work day so I could really put it to the test.

The spray felt a little sticky when it was on, but it was no worse than insect repellent or the sun block I was going to wear. As far as wearing it outdoors, the little bit of stickiness was not an issue for me since I was used to always wearing the other products.

I liked the cool, fruity scent, with a touch

of an herbal note about it. The smell, surprisingly, stayed intact even through layering it with insect spray and sun block.

When I was finished a few hours later, I came in and went to shower off the big protective film I had formed all over me. I think there was definitely less odor than there normally was.

I am pretty convinced that although these products don’t really work well for under my arms, they seem to do great in other places. I would definitely recommend this as a general mineral deodorant– but not as an underarm product.

I did, incidentally, try it for that too, and as expected, it didn’t work. I wish I had realized this idea before I threw out all the older mineral deodorants I had tried.

Oh well!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424061500600430/k2311a0624/6.24.11